whos in the wrong

robnfc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok ill try and keep this short

If the benefits office make a cock up and have my partners working details completely wrong (although we completed the form correctly) we then find out we have been entitled to benefits which we never got , while I understand the benefits should have been challenged in the first place when we got our claim pack, is there a case of I made a mistake and you made a mistake , who would be given the benefit of the doubt so to speak.

yeah sorry , should have explained basically they had our earnings and hours totally wrong , but we had never claimed before so we didnt know what was the right amount we were entitled to so we never contested it , we just looked at what we would get.

They said it was our fault because we agreed that the figures on the claim were correct (we didnt we just didnt contest them), i didnt know if there was a way we could get this backdated as it was their cock up.

Tax credit award notices make it very clear that you must inform them within one month if the details on the award notice are incorrect. Very few people successfully challenge this, but it's always worth a shot.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

You can appeal against their decision to how they worked their figures out

HM Revenue & Customs: Appealing against a tax credit decision

Can I just add something here

Before you appeal any Tax Credits Overpayments, you need to dispute it with Tax Credits Office by filling this form TC846 http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/tc846.pdf Dont forget to tell them why you think you shouldn’t have to pay back your overpayment.

You can request them to send you the copies of filled forms, call logs and recordings of your telephone calls. Also request for suspension of any recovery till the matter is investigated.

If they still decide to carry on with the recovery then, like Mikey said, send the appeal.

:-|Impossible is I'M Possible:lol:

If you think the advice given is useful then show your appreciation by clicking on the scales.