Resolvecall?! - Mercers/Barclaycard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

This is my first time writing a thread and would be grateful for any help!

My husband's business got in to trouble and had to be closed last summer. Owing to this I had to write to all his personal creditors as we simply had no money to pay any of his debts at that time.

I have maintained contavt with all the creditors and over the past 6 months have increased payments and made those promised payments on time.

I am however having difficulties with Barclaycard. For 4 months they did not respond to any correspondence. I still made the payments I had proposed. In the end I sent a formal complaint to initiate a response. The response was that my offer of £23 was not enough, they demanded £84. Subsequant to their final letter, we received a letter on Monday (18th) from Mercers as I was beginning to write a repsonse, I received a letter form a company called Resolvecall on the 21st?!

How is this possibly fair? Their letter basically states that my husband must contact Mercers as a matter of urgency otherwise they will send round one of their "representatives"

Who on earth are these people?!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to CAG :)

You will soon learn that there is no such thing as "fair" when it comes to DCAs. Whatever you offer, they will want more. The only language they know is to threaten and bully :mad:

However, not to worry, you have now found CAG, and you can start taking control :) The first thing to do is write to them for a copy of the Credit Agreement. You'll find a template letter here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Send off a £1 postal order with the letter. They then have 12 + 2 days to send it to you. If they do send something back, scan it, remove your personal details, and post it here.

Standard advice - Never speak to them on the phone, they are experts at bullying people into paying, whether the alleged debt is real or not. Send all letters by recorded delivery in case they "lose" them. Do not sign letters, just print your name, so that they can't get creative with Photoshop.

Resolvecall is some side kick of scotcall I think, another outfit that listens to nothing, reads nothing and responds to nothing apart from the sound of numbers relating to your bank acc or debit card.

Do not, speak to them or mercers, do as advised and get the CCA request off and ignore their ideal threat, of which there will be many believe me.

But it is all done to intimidate you, neither of them have any legal powers whatsoever, they just like you to think they have.

Give no personal info under any curcumstances and certainly don't acknowledge any debt with them. It goes without saying DO NOT PAY THEM A PENNY

Thank you for the responses. I sent a CCA request to Capital One and after many months of toing and frowing they finally sent what looks like a signed application with attached terms and conditions. I do not believe that it conforms to the "prescribed terms" so I have offered them half of the balance in full settlement and am awaiting a response.

I had not thought of CCA'ing Barclaycard as I just assumed it would all be above board..... looking at their tactics I now feel a little different.

Should I write to Mercers and Resolvecall and say that the account is in dispute and to get lost?!:?

That made me sputter into my tea :eek:

Barclays are about the least "above board" of all of them. Definitely CCA them, they won't have a valid agreement.

And if you really want to offer a F & F, you shouldn't be starting with 50% - they buy these unenforceable debts for as little as 6p in the pound. Start with 10%. I did an F & F last year for 11.5%. They'll probably bite your hand off for 50% ;)

Ah yes www.resolvecall.co.uk

Who funnily enough have exactly the same address as Snotcall Scotcall Debt Collecting Services, Glasgow (Blythswood Street)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I hope so! I have done the same with Monument (offered 50%) - maybe I have been a little naive. The Capital One and Monument cards had the smallest amounts owing on them and I just wanted to get them off of our backs!

I will now send the CCA letter to Barclaycard and an account in dispute letter to Mercers. One question on the letter to Mercers - how do I word it? I cannot write that the account is in dispute or can I?

I will post the response for advise if thatis okay, before offering 50% to anyone else!

Edited by GoingInsane

Thank you, I have the template letter for a CCA request. What I meant was what should I write to Mercer's? Should I send them the same CCA as Barclaycard as they are one and the same?

Send the CCA request to whoever is demanding payment, if this is Mercers then send it to them. If you get nothing back in 12 + 2 days or it is not what is required then send the account in dispute letter to Barclaycard

Mercers ARE Sharklaycard...

Just Sharklays using a different name for a different department to intimidate and confuse you.

Send it to Mercers and you will get a response from Sharklaycard..;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

:evil:I cannot believe it!!!

I did exactly as I was advised and requested the CCA from Mercer's. My husband called me this afternoon to tell me he had a lady (use the term loosely) from Scotall in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::eek::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

When I got home from work we have received a response from Barclaycard - a copy of the terms and conditions?! I will scan and post here later once I have gotten over the shock. I have told him to never let anyone into our home again!!!!

We have paid them on time every month and written to keep them up to date - can they just send someone round to our home without warning?!?!?

Personally, I view it as pure harassment, but it doesn't seem that any of the authorities will do anything about it :mad:

A copy of T & Cs is all you will ever get from BC/Mercers - they have never been known to have an enforceable agreement AFAIK. Send the "in dispute" letter and cease all payments forthwith.

To be honest, if she was invited in then there is little anyone will do.

However for others who may be in the same boat, a debt collector, door step collector or any other terminology these companies like to use, DO NOT have ANY legal RIGHTS to enter your home.

So they should not ever, be allowed the comfort of your 3 piece, they should be told to leave promptly and failure to do so will result in Police attendance.

These people are not Bailiffs, so just because they were allowed entry the first time WILL NOT nor does it imply that they will be allowed in on any other occasion, and any such reference that they may like to imply that they are, should be treated as a personal threat and reported to your local Police Station (Not 999)

stick to your guns, sharkleys have yet to come up with an enforceable agreement for anyone on these forums, I havent paid them for nigh on 3 years now and very rarely if ever hear from them now..refuse to discuss anything on the phone if they ring, if they turn up at house again and refuse to leave ring police, as they are trespassing.. they have no authority and you will soon realise that if you look at the threads on this site good luck

im in a similar boat, CCA off barclaycard was a joke, they refue to discuss my account and even though its in dispute they have transferred it to mercers and today I had a letter from resolvecall wanting payment...sure they cant pas my account to anyone whilst its in dispute but as always they just plod on and do what they like. Im ignoring them all for now, my only concern is that my personal bank account is with barclays and I really hope they dont have authority to take money out without my say so - does anyone know??

if anyone turns up on my doorstep they will definately not get over it! cheeky sods!

i have known posters on here had money removed from account if they are with barclays..however saying that i am with barclays and they havent laid a finger on mine.. but i am wondering if it is because it is a joint account but the alleged debt is in my name

i wouldn't report the matter to the police unless they pester you (which is unlikely) , as they will do nothing- will then know your business (especially if it is a small community) and at the end of the day it would appear the lady knocked (as she was entitled to do ) and invited in.

really , you peeps have to get it out of you minds that these people are any kind of threat- once you have made it clear that you are not going to pay them anything, that you wont even discuss it- they will not return

they are on commission and will not waste their time re visiting homes for no pay.

once you have "overcome" the fear of someone calling at your home you will be that much stronger since that is one major ace card (the fear) taken out of the creditors hand and you will wonder why you ever worried about it in the first place

Thanks againfor the responses. I have the CCA and am busy trying to work out how to scan it to post!

I am thinking now of letting The National Debtline speak to all these monkeys and deal with it for us. The stress is simply becoming unbearable!

In response to Moneymummy1 - yes Barclays can take money from any associated account. We had it with Lloyds. Fortunatley we had taken all our money out before they tried it and I had also removed myself fromthe joint account as I do not want my history associated.

remember you do not have to speak to these people..they have no power over you at all. refuse to speak to them, if they ring refuse to go through security, yes it annoys them..but you didnt ask them to ring did you?

i know it is stressful but there are many many success stories on these boards.. you can do all this yourself.. if you are worried about your account with barclays, then go and open another account at another bank and transfer your money there..if you cannot scan doc have you a phone you can take a picture of the document upload to photobucket remove all your details and post on here

Just gone to get the post. We now have a letter from Calder Financial in respect of Barclaycard........ JUST HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE THEY SOLD IT TO?!?!?!???! My God they are relentless!!! WHo the hell are Calder Financial?!:mad:

Just gone to get the post. We now have a letter from Calder Financial in respect of Barclaycard........ JUST HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE THEY SOLD IT TO?!?!?!???! My God they are relentless!!! WHo the hell are Calder Financial?!:mad:

Calders is the next desk down from the Mercers desk in Barclaycards collection centre.

They are all the same company

It really is no wonder people top themselves I have never known anything like it! What part of "We cannot afford it" do these people not understand!

Unfortuately Barclayshark understand nothing only payments.

I have been through all this with them many moons ago.

What ever I offered they wanted more, would not stop the interest or charges, so after they failed to supply anything enforceable on either of my accounts, just told them

"not paying you £5 a month for you to put £55 on in interst and charges"

Just said take me to court.

They never have up to now, (2 years ongoing)

they just pass it from one ****** collector to another, which also receive no payment.

Life is to short to worry about muppets like this lot

Let them depleat the rainforests with their threatograms, nobody is interested in their idle threats.

They make good firelighters though.