Credit Report Twice as BAD!!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just checked my credit report with experian for the first time in about 6 months. The number of defaults on my account have doubled and along with my level of debt. For some reason there is two of everything. My loan for just over 15k means that it now looks like i have a 33k debt?! Any ideas on what i can do about this If this has looked this way for the last few months??? Thanks.

write to the cra and demand an explanation, although they will then write back and say contact the cridtor, because they "only publish" what hey are told even though they are supposed to check the validity of the data given to them

You cannot be defaulted twice for the same debt. Contact the CRA and inform the of this. I would do it in writing not email or over the phone as its important to keep a record of all contact with anyone concerning debt.

I would think the CRA would contact the DCA and OC and if no reply is received after 28 days they should remove the default. However they can re-apply the default if and when the creditors reply but only one default per debt.

If this fails you can take the DCA to court over the incorrect proccessing of your data. Others on these forums have done this and won, and have been awarded damages and costs.

• 2 weeks later...