Reapairing Credit Status - Experian etc -- WHY WORRY ANYMORE

jimbo45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Since most people using CAG (including me) have got themselves for whatever reason into a spot of bother I do wonder why there are so many posts where people seem to worry endlessly over their "Credit Rating" listed by Experian etc.

I would advise anybody to think VERY SERIOUSLY why they need credit - especially if they have had any trouble in the past with any type of debt.

With ordinary Bank Cards (Debit cards) you don't need to carry large amounts of cash on you and these cards can be used in all cases where a Credit card can be used such as making online travel reservations / purchases etc etc.

It doesn't take too long to learn to live without a Credit card -- and if you own a property you won't get caught out by the sneaky "Charge Order" provision whereby Credit Card debt - supposedly unsecured can be turned into a secured debt against your house.

The best way of getting rid of all DCA **** is to TEAR UP YOUR CARD as soon as you can.

Some "Credit Repair" companies are also just basically rip off merchants offering you a "supposed VISA" card which requires you to keep a fixed amount on deposit -- for which you pay a HUGE amount of interest to "use the facility" -- which you can do for FREE by usuing an ordinary Bank Debit card.

So my best advice to ANYONE reading CAG posts this year is TEAR UP YOUR CREDIT CARD(S) and look with real pity on those hapless individuals who open their wallets and let a whole string of these cards out into full public display -- they will soon learn reality - especially in these uncertain times when jobs can be lost / outsourced at a moments noticed etc etc.

No credit -- then WHO CARES what experian et al hold on you. (Some of it when disclosed to unauthorized 3rd parties in any case could be construed as a breach of various Data protection acts anyway) --- waiting hopefully for a test case here to get these tittle tattlers shut down as well. Might never happen but even these bods have to slip up once -- and then BINGO.

Cheers and a happy DEBT FREE new year.

jimbo

• Haha 1