Letter from Solicitor

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following a previous thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/224664-too-late-challenge-parking.html

Well he received a letter from a solicitor today.

Now my brother loves an argument, and he phoned them up to give them a piece of him mind (d'oh!). He got into a heated argument with the woman on the other end of the phone and hung up.

Now I'm just wondering, has this changed anything in terms of them just 'going away'?

I told him not to contact them and to just ignore them, but he couldn't help himself. Now I'm worried he's shot himself in the foot and will end up having to pay the ridiculous sum of £140 odd which they seem to have conjured from thin air!

Following a previous thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/224664-too-late-challenge-parking.html

Well he received a letter from a solicitor today.

Now my brother loves an argument, and he phoned them up to give them a piece of him mind (d'oh!). He got into a heated argument with the woman on the other end of the phone and hung up.

Now I'm just wondering, has this changed anything in terms of them just 'going away'?

I told him not to contact them and to just ignore them, but he couldn't help himself. Now I'm worried he's shot himself in the foot and will end up having to pay the ridiculous sum of £140 odd which they seem to have conjured from thin air!

Nothing has changed other than your brother has probably made himself a target for additional paperwork and unnecessary hassle as they will see him as a fish who is riggling.

All he has done is waste his own time and presumably money on the cost of a phone call to their premium rate number, giving them some revenue in the process and the longer they kept him on the line the more it cost him and the more they made.

If this was the first letter from Michael Sobell (a solicitor in the loosest possible term) he could have expected one more final, final letter and that would have been it.

Least he could do though would be take on board the advice people have gone to the trouble of passing along - ie ignore ;)

Blagton

Yes, it was from Micheal Sobell, however it said Graham White at the very top. Though from what I've read on here; he has nothing to do with him?

Thanks for the help Blagton, that's put my mind at ease :)

Yes, it was from Micheal Sobell, however it said Graham White at the very top. Though from what I've read on here; he has nothing to do with him?

Not quite - read the letter again; Micheal Sobell trades as Graham White Solictors.

Nothing to do with Graham White & Co (Contact | Graham White & Co. Solicitors) though which is where you may end up if you put putting "Graham White Solictors" into Google. A continuation of the whole PPC deception [problem].

I would have though the GW&Co might have distanced themslves in a more obvious way on their front page rather than a signle one liner.

The paper trail you can expect froma PPC is well documented and can pretty much be predicted to letter (!) yet people still seem to question things when Sobells junk arrives.

Blagton.

I have had a letter from Graham White soliciters as well so who is sending the letter Michael Sobell or Graham White solicitors?

Surely we can complain about this company to someone?

See my other post but read the letter you have received again - every little bit including the small print at the bottom.

Micheal Sobell trades as Graham White Solictors.

Nothing to do with Graham White & Co.

Blagton.

Thankyou for helping me,I get worried as soon as i see solicitors or county court jugement in a letter!!

It says he is registered with the solicitors regulation authority and that he is a solicitor so that worried me a bit but from reading posts on here it sounds like i am better off ignoreing the letters.x

You have to remember that not all solicitors are honest. There are quite a few out there who have blackened the name of this once honourable profession. You have a whole group of them who siphoned off millions of pounds from the Coal Miner's Compensation Scheme, a Leeds solicitors mixed up with one of those "boiler room" scams, and just today it was announced that a law firm in Stockport, with five partners, had been closed down because of claims of dishonesty. :-

BBC News - Stockport law firm closed over dishonesty probe

GW (PPC in disguise) are getting desperate as they have started phoning once the threatograms fail.

My own approach is to be polite and say that "the matter is nothing to do with me and if they wish to take it further they should do so or drop it" and then put the receiver down before they can reply

Do not engage them in conversation.

The are plenty of ways they can trace your telephone number even if you are ex directory and it is difficult to keep off every database however hard you try.

xtrutx - chances of court are remote as PPC's face too many problems and usually only take 'cherry picked' cases to court were they no through the victims indescretions they have a good chance of winning. Court - it would be small claims is nothing to be concerned about and is informal. The PPC [problem] works on scaring people into paying and their only weapon is the threatograms from them selves and in their diguises of DC's and Solicitors.

They cannot touch your credit file without taking you to court, winning and then you not paying what ever amount the court sets

Ignore all - only thing you will ned to reply to would be properly served court papers complete with claim number and court seal. If these are missing it will be a fake and should be reported to the court is is purported to come from

MS works for Harringey Council so is a part time pirate operating out of West Byfleet

Edited by asmodeus

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. We recieved another letter today, from Roxburghe Debt Collectors.

It starts off:

"We are writing to you instead of our Solicitors Graham White as the way in which you have treated this account is uncacceptable." (I think they mean the heated argument my brother had with them on the phone!!)

It then continues...

"It is in our intention to instruct our Solicitors to commence legal action without further recourse to you.

In the event of Judgment being entered against you, we would apply to the court to enforce it by way of a Warrant of Execution.

A Warrant of Execution would allow a Baliff to attend your address and remove goods for sale by public auction and in your case we would alert the court to all facts known to us including ownership of motor vehicls.

This is your final opportunity - make payment immediately prior to legal action to be taken.

You have seven days to respond."

This was from a Pete Butcher, who is Head of Fraud and Investigations... I find this amusing as they are obviously trying to con us into paying them... Fruad much?

Is this a standard letter to which we ignore? Or has my brother agrivated the bee hive a little?!

The best advice is probably to ignore it - if they actually had a winnable case, they would have issued a court claim by now.

I keep trying to get one these PPC "tickets" but no luck so far. If I had a letter like yours, I'd be very tempted to scrawl across it in green marker pen "Go on then - do it", and send it back to them in an unstamped envelope with "check enclosed" written on the flap.

They can't seize any items unless they are acting with a court order.

That means they have taken you to court, justified their exorbitant charge, and the judge has ordered you to pay.

If they claim otherwise, they are committing fraud.

Don't be a mug this year - you don't have to pay private parking tickets!

Find the campaign on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/You-dont-have-to-pay-private-parking-tickets-Spread-the-word/225644216626?ref=ts

Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/dontpayppcs

"We are writing to you instead of our Solicitors Graham White as the way in which you have treated this account is uncacceptable." (I think they mean the heated argument my brother had with them on the phone!!)

I hate to disappoint you, but that wording is their standard bumpf and has nothing to do with your brother's phone call.

I hate to disappoint you, but that wording is their standard bumpf and has nothing to do with your brother's phone call.

Actuall, I'm far from disappointed, it's actually more relieving knowing the phone call had little or no effect on the process. Just proves that they're crooks trying to guilt/scare us into giving them money!

No self-respecting is going to get involved with PPC invoices.

As for Mr Butcher's grandiose job title, the only fraud going on here is their trying to con your brother out of £140.

They can't issue a warrant of execution until they have first issued a claim, the judge has ruled in their favour, and your brother fails to pay with the period ordered - normally 14 or 28 days.

No-one should ever, ever pay these parasites.

Copy that letter to the SRA, its is misleading and factually lacking.

Could you expand on this a little for me please?

I believe he means send it to the 'Solicitors Regulation Authority'

Of course with some explanation i would assume