Halifax wont let me retain original terms.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am in the same position. Today have noticed on 31/12 been charged interest only though, presumably that is November interest but expected the £1 a day charges to be added on 31/12 for 6/12 to 31/12 inclusive also, so a bit confused.

I have stopped using the account and waiting for a reply to my letter asking to allow me to repay the overdraft under the original terms. I don't intend to send them another penny until then. I have told them in no uncertain terms that I will NOT be paying any such "new" charges, only the £1500 overdraft plus interest. I think my offer is reasonable.

They have already received a LOT of interest from my overdraft over the years and I wish I was in a position to repay it immediately but given the economic climate and the one month's notice this is not possible and I am sure many others are in the same position as me - after all, if I had spare cash sitting somewhere I would not be using the overdraft in the first place!

1. 09/08/2006 - Halifax Account 1 settled in full! £2597.50 :D
  2. 05/10/2006 - Halifax Account 2 settled in full after Prelim ;)
  3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges

We have to fight! Just need to work out how...

Yesterday got a fob off letter saying they refuse to discuss this matter with me anymore :rolleyes:

There needs to be more publicity so everyone who is unhappy about this must tell everyone else. We can't stay silent. I know this is just Halifax but surely other banks will follow their example eventually.

I did get a reply from my MP last month so it may be worth writing to him and letting him know the recent developments.

I am completely stuck because I miss the features of my Halifax account, and was otherwise happy with them but I refuse to pay double what I was paying. And although I wish I could pay my overdraft back in full right now, I can't and am sure very few can, however there is no incentive to pay it back slowly because whether I am overdrawn by £1500 or £100 the cost to me is the same! It is simply ludicrous.

Anyway that is my rant for the night, I shall pour myself a large glass of wine and ponder over where to go from here.

1. 09/08/2006 - Halifax Account 1 settled in full! £2597.50 :D
  2. 05/10/2006 - Halifax Account 2 settled in full after Prelim ;)
  3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges