AVIVA/Crawfords ruined my Christmas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm here for a bit of a rant and maybe some advice.

I submitted a cliam to AVIVA on 29/11/09 as my cellar is leaking. After having Yorskshire Water come look at the problem they advised that it is my responsibility to repair as it is my soil stack. This means I have sewerage seeping into my cellar.

After submitting my claim it was referred to Crawfords who I had been advised would call be back within 2 hours due to the nature of my claim. I continually had to chase Crawfords and 3 days later managed to arrange an appointment for the assessor to come visit and take pictures and submit a report this happened on the 9/12/09 as was the earliest they could get to me.

The report was submitted with a date for someone to be appointed to come and make the necessary repairs. The date was the 16/12/09. I am still waiting for the repairs to be carried out. After further chasing Crawfords and holding for 50minutes at a time I eventually called AVIVA's CEO office and made a complaint. I received a call back later that day saying UK Drains have been appointed to my claim and will be in touch shortly.

I used the online AVIVA complaint form as I feel this is totally unacceptable. I received an automated acknowledgement but nothing further. AVIVA seem to think that by chasing up my claim that is a satisfactory response. I want an actual written response to my complaint.

I received a call on 23/12/09 to say somone could come out on 24/12/09 unfortunately I had to work on the 24th so they could not come out. I then received a call from Crawfords on the 24th apologising for the numerous errors they had made with my claim and saying they would compensate me once they had made the repairs which are now booked in for tomorrow 30/12/09.

I am hoping all goes well and they repairs are carried out tomorrow rather than someone else just assessing the problem but I do not have high hopes.

During the time the sewerage level in my cellar has slowly risen and I know have around 8inch of sewerage in places. My house smells and has given me numerous headaches, I've had the stress of constantly chasing Crawfords. I've been unable to use my toilet! I've had to store Christmas presents in plain sight as I would normally store these in the cellar.

I had to spend most of christmas out of the house due to the stench.

After requesting a written response from AVIVA on several occasions I have still recevied nothing. I plan to refer my complaint to the ombudsman but am unsure how to do this without receiving a final response from AVIVA.

Also who should be responsible for compensation? AVIVA? Crawfords?

I can't put a price on how much stress and discomfort I have had to put up with due to thier incometance. I am a single dad who cherishes time with my son but have been unable to have my family Christmas at home due to this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Scott

Guest Aviva Support

skotbites

I'm sorry that you had to deal with this at Christmas. I wanted to see if this had been sorted out as yet? Or if there is anything I can help with?

Becca

Hi Becca unfortunately this is still ongoing. Uk Drains came out on 30th December to diagnose the problem and report back to Aviva to get the go ahead to do the repairs. I've heard nothing since.

I've not had any written response to any of my complaints which I am absolutely disgusted with. It's now 40 days since my initial phone call and there is still sewerage leaking into my cellar.

I've spoken to the CEOs officie on a couple of occasion and they seem to chase up the companies involved but as yet no one has responded to my complaint.

I'm in the process of referring this to the FOS and will also be writing to Watchdog and the newpapers.

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

I know how you feel,

I agree, Aviva, Crawfords, Insure repair, Asprea, these companies are totally lacking in manners, professionalism, courtesy, understanding, my roof leak caused by storm damage was called in on the 22.1.10(morning) and it is now 24.1.10 (evening), all they have done is to pass me from one lackadaisical company to another more incompetent company.

How hard is it to arrange for someone to carry out repairs on a roof, all the responses I received were that I would have to arrange and pay for the work to be carried out myself, and that the monies for the work carried out may not be reimbursed.

Why do I pay these cretins an insurance policy, when they want myself to do their work for them. I have e-mailed who I can just now and the ombudsman too

My FOS complaint (all 13 pages of it) were sent on Friday as I've still not had this resolved. My e-mails to the person dealing in the CEO's office seem be getting ignored.

All due credit to Yorkshire Water as soon as they were told that they were responsible for part of the pipe they repaired it within 4 days and have compensated me adequately for not detecting it in the 1st place.

It is now 57 days since my initial phone call in November and my cellar still has sewerage leaking through the walls.

Scott.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: I've now had a dehumidifier and fan in my cellar for 4 weeks using my electricity. It looks much much better. However, due to the heavy rain we're currently having my cellar is lettingin rainwater. I fully belive this to be due to the length of time it took AVIVA to make the repairs to my drains.

It has damaged the brickwork in my cellar and needs repairing to stop water entering my cellar.

I have tried to contact Ben Johnson at Crawfords twice last week and left messages both times but have had zero response.

I have still received no written response or even acknowledgement of my complaint from any of the companies involved.

My FOS complaint is ongoing and will be chased up further tomorrow as it is not 8 weeks since I originally submitted it.

I cannot believe the amount of stress and inconvience I am encountering to resolve what in my opinion was a minor pipe repair had it been done shortly after my original report back on the 29 November 2010.

Scott