My situation.

beetzart
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in 2007 I was paying all my creditors on a pro-rata basis of what I could comfortably afford. After a few months they started to harrass me for greater payments; this is when I discovered CAG. I then proceeded to CCA all my creditors, due to advice given here, and discovered they couldn't provide anything reasonable. This was when I halted payment to all accounts. Only recently has Apex provided an enforcable CCA, of which I am now going to pay, the other creditor has got nothing. With regards to the other creditor the debt went from AIC (yellow letter) to NCO Europe who ring about once or twice a week but I have never had a letter from them. But, as soon as I do they will be getting a new CCA request.

Just wondering, is this normal for a creditor to just do nothing for over a year? I sometimes wish they would so I can make the next move.

Thanks for reading.

Quite normal. I have just started getting demands again from new DCA's that have been quite for over 12 months.

They try to collect for a few months then it all goes quite, it sits around their offices for 9-12 months, then sold or passed on to another ****** to try and collect on. Standard DCA practice I'm affraid

Debt went from AIC to NCO whilst in dispute that is against all guidelines. you should send them the bemused letter. Watch how quick they give it back to AIC

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

if you are on a phishing list, which this appears so.

it matters not what your write to them with.

even if its [a subs unenforceable] CCA

they sell the debts on in a list.

they certainly DON'T tell te new buyer its unenforceable, else they won't buy it.

ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you are on a phishing list, which this appears so.

it matters not what your write to them with.

even if its [a subs unenforceable] CCA

they sell the debts on in a list.

they certainly DON'T tell te new buyer its unenforceable, else they won't buy it.

ignore them.

dx

Hi dx

So dx if I sold you a debt then you found out it was unenforcable..would'nt you be upset and sort me out then take your money back?

Are these dca's so stupid as not to ask the true value/worth of the alleged debt they are to purchase. or maybe it is just a dutch auction as to say lets buy these 3000 files for say £1000.00 then hopefully we will make 5k in return.

Sums it up dont you think.

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

So if I sold you a debt then you found out it was unenforceable..wouldn't you be upset?

Are these dca's so stupid Yes Very very stooopid!

How you describe it is exactly how it happens, they will buy large portfolios of debts with a value of say 500K for say 100K, then pursue debtors for the full amount (500K)

Then when a debtor makes them aware that it is unenforceable, due to being SB or lack of CCA etc it then gets put back in another portfolio that they prepare to flog on to the next DCA who then buys it and the merry go round starts all over again..:) a truly corrupt rotten to the core industry (allegedly :D)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just wondering, is this normal for a creditor to just do nothing for over a year? I sometimes wish they would so I can make the next move.

Thanks for reading.

Why worry at this stage- Three years ago I did what you did and I still

haven't had to pay any of the DCA's :)

Just hate every DCA out there