style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was charged the usual £20 for going overdrawn (I didn't have an overdraft) and the £8 / day charge on top for being overdrawn by pence. When I got the letter advising me of these charges (approx 1 week later!) I was appauled and went straight into my branch to 'discuss' the matter. I was told by a smug banking assistant that in no way would they refund me. She made me feel so small :( I would swear she enjoyed telling me 'no way'.

It was my own fault that I had gone overdrawn (I kept that account for bills and manually transferred money every pay day to make sure my bills were covered) but for some reason I'd miscalculated. Anyway, the woman was so smug in her dealing with me and I left the bank feeling so angry but thinking I could do nothing about it.

When I found your site I was over the moon. I know my charges aren't anywhere near what some people are claiming but theft is theft! and this to me is a moral issue now.

I took the dpa request into my branch by hand and addressed it to the manager on Thursday 16th March.

They still have 26 days to reply but as I was in the bank on Wednesday I enquired as to the progress on my DPA request. The woman said she would check with the manager. Our branch is small and I could hear every word as they spoke. The manager said 'oh yes, THAT case. Head office are dealing with THAT requests and make sure you tell her that they legally have 40 days to comply'' The woman relayed this to me (in a much nicer tone than it had been said!) :wink: I replied (loud enough for the manager to hear) that I was well aware of the 40 day complience limit as I had stated this in my letter.

Sounds like I have a disgruntled manager on my hands. Oh dear.

I will keep you all informed as soon as I have anything to tell.

As a footnote - I am a market trader and my stall is right outside my bank branch! I'm not sure where I stand but I'm going to check if I can have bank action group leaflets on my stall. A lot of people coming out of, or on their way to the bank stop at my stall :wink:

Everything has to be above board but I'll look into it straight away.

Karen

I am a market trader and my stall is right outside my bank branch! I'm not sure where I stand but I'm going to check if I can have bank action group leaflets on my stall. A lot of people coming out of, or on their way to the bank stop at my stall :wink:

Everything has to be above board but I'll look into it straight away.

I bet the bank manager would love that lol. I'm dealing with YB myself so I'll keep checking your posts, it'll be interesting to see if we get the same 'standard' responses

Pam

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

Now there's a coincidence.... the branch I'm dealing with has a particularly nasty manager & there's a market stall right outside their door.

You wouldn't happen to be in the small town where they co-op's recently closed down on the high street & the Kwik Save's changed hands would you? Now that would be funny, we could go in mob handed lol.

Trunny

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

That's the same branch I'm at too!! [i had wondered when I read about the stall being right outside the bank!] You're right, we could go mob handed. Got to admit, I haven't met the Manager tho

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

Oh we've got a Yorkshire sub group! :lol:

It would be nice to help each other out in the event of one of our cases going to court. I'll happily attend with any of you.

Diddled, there isn't a car park as such (it's cobbled) but it is used for markets including the famous bank holidays. Our town has a Monday and a Saturday market and is in North Yorkshire. :lol:

How are the rest of you getting on with the bank in question?

oh, the one I was thinking of is in South Yorkshire :( It's a coincidence about the co-op closing down and Kwik Save changing hands, and the market stall right outside tho!!

As far as hearing anything from YB, I sent my cheque and DPA request on 14 March and still haven't heard anything yet. I'll update my own post as soon as I hear anything though.

Best of luck to us all tho' - we will win!!

Mine's in South Yorks too.... co-op & Kwik Save must be having a hard time of it in Yorkshire lol.

Pam - Is your branch in S Yorks next door to a card shop?

Mine's in South Yorks too.... co-op & Kwik Save must be having a hard time of it in Yorkshire lol.

Pam - Is your branch in S Yorks next door to a card shop?

Yep, that's the one! Small world lol

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Hand delievered a DPA request reminder letter on Thurs 6th April reminding them that were down to 12 days left to comply with the information request.

Received a letter return post asking me to call a lady at the branch as a matter of urgency. Called today and guess what...she had no idea the dpa request had been made! Thankfully, I went into the branch 2 weeks into the 40 days and asked for a progress report. I was told the manager had sent the dpa request to head office. I relayed this to the lady on the phone today and included the name of the person who had given me this information.

I believe she was genuinely unaware of the origional DPA request. A total communication breakdown (how unprofessional)

She asked me if I'd be willing to help her fill in some gaps, as in - did I want copy statements (I said either statements or a list as I wasn't prepared to pay for copy statements) If the DPA request was for all my accounts and how long I wanted to go back.

Shocking really. I did tell her what she wanted to know even though I am aware that I didn't have to, I could have just said that I'd made my request and she'd have to go find out where it had gone but she was really nice and very polite and apologetic so I showed her the same courtesy.

Poor woman...she seemed to be sh*tting it and wasn't too impressed it had all fallen on her shoulders to sort out something she had no knowledge of.

She also asked if there was any chance she could possibly call me if she had any other queries. I said that was fine. At the end of the day the poor woman seems to have been sh*t on from a great height by her 'collegues'. She's only doing her job.

Anyway, there are 8 days left for them to conform to my request so I'll update as soon as I have anything to tell.

Judging by your experience Pam I think I'd best phone up & chase mine. They are so unorganised it's scary.

Judging by your experience Pam I think I'd best phone up & chase mine. They are so unorganised it's scary.

I'm not even going to bother chasing mine. They've definately had the letter, cos they cashed the £10 cheque on 17 March, so they've got 40 days from that date and if I still haven't heard anything I'll claim for an estimated amount [£5,000 should just about cover it, I'm sure they'll provide statements to prove otherwise then lol ]

UPDATE

Received a letter from Clydesdale bank this morning confirming receipt of the Data Protection Act request (With only 5 days left to comply!)

The letter also stated that they have 40 days to comply and they would provide the info a.s.a.p.

Erm...not good enough!

Called them soon as I got the letter and was put straight through to the lady from network support who sent the letter. Really nice lady. I told her the origional request was filed on March 9th and that the 40 days would be up on Tuesday 18th April. She said she'd marked it down as urgent but would call the branch to make sure they got it to me straight away. (she wasn't aware of the date the origional request was sent...)

She also said that clydesdale had called a meeting to discuss the immense number of Data Protection Act requests they had received (lol) and they decided they would send copy statements from the branches. She said they had been absolutely inundated with DPA requests and she was trying to get through them all. Poor woman, not fun for her but it is kinda funny for the bank. Wonder what's going on in their heads right now?!

What I will say is that every person I've spoken to regarding this has been absolutely lovely and very helpful. I really feel for the poor frontline staff that are having to deal with this one to one while the fat cats that make the (edit) decisions are probably off sunning themselves on our money! Grrrr

..... and they decided they would send copy statements from the branches.

On the strength of that I think I'll call my ex-manager & ask when I can collect mine. At last, something she can't deny all responsibility for & bounce back to head office :-)

Update.....called Fiona Hutton this morning as the dpa request time ran out yesterday. The reason I called was that when I sent origional request I didn't send the £10 cheque. (it was before it was put in the template) so I knew that legally they could hold matters up and start the 40 days from the date they cashed my cheque (13th April) but I thought I'd give it a go anyway. Apparently it was a different Fiona I spoke to this morning as there are 2 Fiona's in that department (hmm) She said the 40 days would start from April 13th but she would call my branch and see if they had started processing the request. She said she'd call me straight back. To my suprise, she called back! (cynic I know) and said the statements were all at my branch waiting to be picked up. She said because of the sheer volume of statements it was better for me to pick them up than them send them through the post. I wasn't going to argue with this as at least I can get to them straight away.

So, within the next couple of days I'll call and get them.

The intersting thing is that when I put the request in I asked for transactions of all my 4 accounts. I honestly expected them to tell me the £10 only covered info for 1 account but they didn't and it seems I have all the info I asked for for all 4 accounts.

Again I have to say that contrary to a lot of people I have had no problems at all with any part of my request and everyone I've spoken to has gone out of their way to help wherever they can.

• 4 weeks later...

any news with this one yet?

any news with this one yet?

Hi Pj, unfortunately it had to take a back seat coz of other 'stuff' going on in my life but I did get my statements and I worked out that they owe me £280. I know that isn't a lot but believe me, I was shocked when I added it all up. The odd 20 quid here and there over the years adds up.

Hopefully this week the letter asking for it back will be hand delivered to my branch.

Thanks for asking and good luck with your claim too

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks