CAPQUEST - Where do I stand?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

I recently had a letter from Capquest drop through my door, saying that I owe £71.00 to barclaycard. This is from March 2004. I know I took a loan out with egg and paid the full balance off with barclaycard...

Anyway, I called them and explained this, and requested that they send me a statement of where and when this was run up, as I don't believe I am responsible for it.

They replied saying that I will need to pay £10.00 in order to receive the statements. I emailed them back , saying that I am not happy to pay £10.00 for these statements as it is up to them to prove I owe the money from 5 years ago as I only keep statements for 3 years.

Today I received a snotty phone call saying that if I don't pay the full amount or the £10.00 then they will send someone around.

I'm at a loss as what to do! Can they send me them free of charge?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you!

This is worth a complaint to the OFT or Trading Standards. However, they are entitled to £10.00 for a Subject Access Request. I would go along with it as you could also insist that you get the recording of this particular telephone conversation. This is something that is rarely done, nevetheless if A DCA contacts you by telephone, you are entitled to a copy of the recording.

If they do send someone round, then simply send them away as they have no legal status whatsoever, don't enter into discussion, never give them your personal details or allow them to enter your home. If they don't leave call the Police.

Remember debt collectors are inclined to conveniently forget their place in life. It's the old story, it is up to the pursuer to prove that the debt exists and not the defender to prove that it does not.

Furthermore, for an additional £1.00 you could also send them a CCA request, that will keep them thinking for months to come as it contains some really big words.

just send em a prove it letter, then file and forget

and they wont send anybody round, if they call again just say in dispute and put the phone down,

crappyq are sitting on a pile of stat barred debts and are getting desperate

Hi There

I have kept a copy of all emails, however they keep phoning me. I just really don't want someone rocking up at my door!

If they can prove I owe it, I'll pay it not a problem. Also, am I right in thinking that after 6 years they can't then chase the debt? As March 2010 will be 6 yrs since I closed the account?

Thank you!

Besides if there's been no payments/ackonwledgement of this supposed debt for six years it's almost statute barred anyway and there's enough paperwork on here to baffle them till it is

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

They will NOT send anyone to your door

Do not wast £10 sending off for an SAR from Crapquest.

They would have bought this lemon for around a fiver so you would double their investment

Edited by ODC