Shouldn't Be Taking My Money!!!!!

Decanus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Interesting one for you. I entered into a payment arrangement with a well known DCA, collecting on behalf of a company that came out of a chicken...they sent me the agreement, pay £xx a month and as long as I keep to it no problem...

so I've been paying 8 months with no problem, and suddenly out of the blue get a letter from another DCA claiming they have been instructed to collect the debt. The amount on their letter I owe is the same as it was before the 8 months of payment I have made to Moorcroft..

so far, Moorcroft have ignored my letters so...

It looks like they have been taking my money and NOT passing it on. What action can I take? am I entitled to get all that money back? is it not theft?!

I am thinking of contacting the original lender and the OFT to lodge a complaint, are the original lenDer still responsible for the actions of their DCAany thoughts or opinions appreciated.

Who is the other DCA?

I would write to Moorcroft (cc the original creditor) enclosing a copy of the other DCA's letter and ask them what's going on. I would continue making payments for the moment but make sure that you can track all of the payments through your bank account in case you have to prove that they've been made. Tell Moorcroft that you want a statement of account.

Send the letters recorded delivery and give them 2 to 3 weeks to respond. If they don't sort it out then I'd make complaints to the relevant authorities and notify Moorcroft and the original creditor that you are stopping payments unless the matter has been resolved.

thanks for the reply. I have asked for a statement of account, but they have not replied. I think the account was re-allocated by the lender, and Moorcroft just didn't bother to say anything, and let me continue to pay them when I shouldn't have.

If they have nothing to hide , it seems a bit strange they are not responding. I am going to write to the original lener as well to query what is going on.

I wouldn't make another payment - you don't know what has happened to the payments you have made until now. Get the OC to sort this out before you hand over another penny. Have any of them any legitimate right to receive payment? Have you checked if there is a lawful agreement for this account?

Hi Pinky,

when the agreement was arranged, they sent a letter outlining the arrangement, amounts dates etc, with the paying details, so I have that with me.

Problem was, the original lender from that point on told me to deal with them. so if they did replace them with the new DCA, and Moorcrfot didn't want to tell me, then they would have kept banking my money.

I suspect none of that money made it to where it should have gone....