Has this CCJ been handled correctly?

otisan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our car got repossessed a few months back.

When this happened I phoned the hire purchase place to see what the next steps would be to clear the debt. They said the car would be sold at auction and the price of that would be taken off the debt and the rest was up to me to pay- all I should do was hold out until I got sent information of this.

A few months went and I got a letter from the courts saying that there was a court date set and I did not need to attend. I hold my hands up and say that I should have probably got my ass into gear then but my father had just passed away and preferred to bury my head in the sand.

Now I know I need to get this organised but I do not really know where to start. All I have received was a court judgement saying that i have to pay the amount in full.

Im currently looking around the internet for more information but would really like someone to explain this to me in a bit more simpler terms.

Am I not supposed to be able to make an offer at some time and show my earnings (I am on benefits)?? And the full amount they are asking for is the full retail price of the car + interest and no reduction for the auction price of the car?? How can this be when they said it was going to be reduced?

I have moved towns since then and the last letter I got said they were changing courts and I will be notified of this soon. But until then I am unsure who to get in touch with- the hire purchased company, the debt collectors or the old court????

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.