Small Claim-wrong company name?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner is suing a company he used to work for via the small claims route. The problem is the name he's put on the papers is not a 100% correct ie instead of putting Joe Bloggs Business Ltd, he's put Adam Bloggs Ltd-even though Adam Bloggs Ltd does exist/trade and is part of Joe Bloggs Ltd. The company or MD is saying the claim will be thrown out if he takes it to Court. Does he need to start again with the claim, or will the judge take into account that he has actually worked for this company anyhow, and will therefore accept the paperwork? If someone could advise would be much appreciated as this is causing a lot of stress?:confused::(

Already have-they've said that Defendant can have their say when it goes in front of the judge, but just don't want it to go that far to then have it thrown out anyway. And the MD of the Co concerned seems quite sure that it will be :(

Well, he is bound to say that isnt he, just another way of intimidating you, as long as it has been a trading name then I am sure that a judge isnt going to be too pedantic over it, if the co is a subsidiary and is known by your husband as the one used then I am sure it will be ok, the judge will be used to small traders with multiple companies trying to put one over on him.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed