Welcome Finance - Default Sum

racer1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have an ongoing issue with Welcome Finance. In August 09 they contacted me by telephone to say there was an arrears on the account of one month's payment from Feb 08. At the time I was caring for my Father in Law who was terminally ill so said I couldn't deal with it could they put it in writing and I would contact them. I duly did contact them, and asked again for everything in writing etc as nothing was received.

I have contacted them a number of times by phone since August, including beg October by phone requesting everything in writing again. This hadn't arrived so spoke to them at the end of October, and still nothing had been received. Basically I tried to go through it with them once on the phone [i called them] and they couldn't explain how it was affecting me, or this that or the other, and I ended up being confused and then finding there were card charges if I paid it off like that etc hence asking again for it in writing so I can sit and look at it and be clear.

Anyway, I've now received a letter saying I am being charged £10 for a telephone call they made to me in mid October. I've called my local office and spoken to my case manager and the manager and said I am not prepared to pay this charge but they've said they won't waive it and it's a justifiable charge. I've asked again for a letter to be sent explaining everything, and a copy to be faxed to me, and apparently they can't email it across.

Where do I stand? I'm not happy at all being charged £10 for a call for an issue I am still trying to resolve when they are not communicating with me. I asked the manager how the £10 call is justified and she said call charge, staff time and the fact I haven't made an effort to clear the arrears. I explained the reason I hadn't cleared the arrears was I was still waiting to receive the explanation so I understand how it's affecting me and can consider my options [ie one off payment which I'll struggle with, increased payments, etc] and sort this out.

Any advice greatfully received please....

I am no expert at all, but have just sent them a SAR and received it back today which highlights what charges i have incurred and what they are for. I think that may be your route to take as they will supply everything they hold for you on record (apparently)

Someone more knowledgeable may be along and say that i am wrong lol.

All the best

Deli

I know where you are coming from, but armed with all the information they hold on you, you can claim back any charges that are unlawful.

I think that they hope we will all just crumble and say ok i will pay it! Little do they know, they are just ignorant.

Good luck