Lowell/Hamptons Statutory demand - old EGG debt *** WON + COSTS *** 2 years later - SD Issued again !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Came in from work nice and early to attend "my appointment" with the Lewis Group, to issue the SD, and made sure my dog was nice and hungry lol! However, they failed to turn up, and there is nothing in the letterbox.....

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I have been directed to serve you with a Statutory Demand issued under the Insolvency Act 1986 on behalf of Lowell Portfolio 1 Limited, the creditor.

I have already attended at your address on 25th July 2012 at 1325 hours and on Saturday 4th August 2012 at 0927 hours, without meeting you.

I have to inform you that I will attend at the address, as above on 9th August 2012 at 1800 hours for the purpose of serving you personally with such Statutory Demand.

Should the above appointment prove inconvenient I will endeavor to attend any other reasonabley convenient time or place you may suggest or a solicitor may accept service on your behalf. I can be contacted on 07968112381.

If you fail to keep the appointment or any other made in lieu thereof we propse to service you by putting a copy of the Statatory demand through your letterbox.

In the even of service by putting a copy of the statatory Demand through your letterbox I will do this on the day of the appointment and that will be the day of service if you do not attend the appointment, providing the appointment is before 16:30 hours, If the appointmentis after 16:30 hours, the day of service will be the next business day.

It is my duty to inform you that in the event of a Bankruptcy Petition being presented the Court will be asked to treat such service as service of the Demand on the debtor"

....and the bad grammar is their's not mine!

Feel like suing them for loss of earnings...

So, had they been to your home on those two days?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Can I get my set aside ready before the SD is issued?

I guess you can, but you dont know what they are going to claim on the form, do you ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If there is one thing I have learned (and I have so much to learn) from being on this forum in these last few days it is this.

Cases are won and lost on patience. The application of time - in the right and proper place. When it is short, lose patience and serve. When it is long - he who has the most patience wins. The skill of those in the art (and I see their posts daily) is in having patience and in knowing when to lose it. But mostly in having it - and keeping it.

If there is one thing I have learned (and I have so much to learn) from being on this forum in these last few days it is this.

Cases are won and lost on patience. The application of time - in the right and proper place. When it is short, lose patience and serve. When it is long - he who has the most patience wins. The skill of those in the art (and I see their posts daily) is in having patience and in knowing when to lose it. But mostly in having it - and keeping it.

Very true Bandit patience is a virtue and if you are in a rush for results then litigation is not your game.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So true

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Something like:

On (date) I was served with a Statutory Demand by Lowell. I applied to set aside the SD in the xxxxx County Court on (date) Lowell failed to appear at the hearing, or to submit any documentation, and the Judge, having heard my case, set the SD aside and awarded costs against Lowell. Lowell failed to pay the costs within the time ordered by the Court.

At no time have I acknowledged any debt to Lowell, and despite numerous requests, they have failed to supply any evidence that I am liable to them, either prior to the issue of the first SD, or since.

Subsequently, on 25 July and 04 Aug this year, cards were left at my house by (name of server), stating that they had attempted to serve me with a further SD relating to the same matter, that they would attend again on 09 August, and that if I was not at home the SD would be put in the letterbox.

On 09 August I waited at home all day. No SD was served, either in person, through the letterbox or by post.

I subsequently emailed Lowell on (date) querying their action. I had a template reply to say that they were investigating, but to date they have failed to respond in any meaningful way.

It seems to me that Lowell ought reasonably to be aware that their threats of issuing a further SD would cause anxiety and distress, and that their failure either to issue the SD when they said they would, or within a reasonable time, has been calculated to apply psychological pressure to me, contrary to the debt Collection Guidance. Indeed, it may well be considered that, the matter having been dealt with at Court, Lowell's continued pursuit of the alleged debt, absent any evidence whatever that I am liable to them for it, is also oppressive and unreasonable, and their use of SDs generally is highly questionable, particularly as, their failure to produce documents at Court, and failure to appear at Court, shows contempt for and and abuse of the legal process and is simply being used as a debt collection tool.

I am aware that the OFT does not deal with individual complaints from consumers. However, in my view Lowell's behaviour calls into question their fitness to hold a Consumer Credit Licence and I would be grateful if the above information could be taken into account when dealing with any licencing issue.

Yours etc.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I had dealings with Lowells regarding a relatives debts. Letters were sent recorded to their CEO and they ignored. Two years later, when a further complaint to them was necessary, they managed to find the letters and admitted it, paying compensation. If the CEO or his office do not deal with complaints when they are received, shows that they are not really interested and that current compliance rules are severely lacking. If they were regulated by the FSA and they regularly failed to respond to complaint correspondence, they could be fined. Under OFT licence rules. they can pretty much please themselves.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread