Old PCN Haringey Council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently received a demand for 3 PCNs. They had been sending all correspondence to the wrong address due to a clerical error by DVLA but after DVLA realised their mistake I received demands for monies about 9 weeks ago.

I wrote to Haringey asking for some proof of these PCNs as I had no knowledge of them and one is from 19.09.07.

At first all I received is a a letter saying as it was a clerical error by DVLA they would allow me to pay the original PCN discounted amount. I wrote to them again asking for some proof of the offences in the form of CCTV or photographs taken by the Warden. These letters were ignored until I received the letter below a few days ago. It basically says they have no photographic proof and they do not need to show any. They have included a history report which they say proves the offence took place. All this says to me is that a Warden read my tax disk. I find it suspicious that my vehicle was spotted at 11.01 and the ticket was issued at 11.02 Sixty seconds to enter all details and read my tax disk?

Any ideas on my options here? I don't remember this PCN happening? The vehicle has long since been scrapped so I haven't bothered deleting reg. All the details on the new Notice to Owner appear correct but in the letter they have spelt my first name incorrectly. Any help much appreciated!

I am still waiting to hear what they are going to say about the other 2 PCNs, though I'm not holding my breath

haringeyletters1.jpg

haringeyletters2.jpg

haringeyletters3.jpg

haringeyletters4.jpg

Edited by Colonel_Klinck

Cool I have edited out any personal info in them now.

Sorry if it's a bit confusing. The 3 PCNs took place at different times but due to the clerical error by DVLA I only found out about them at the same time.

The clerical error DVLA were making was giving my address to Haringey as a similar address further down my road. This property was receiving all letters but i was unaware of this. This would have started with the PCN i am writing about here, so back in Sept 07. I knew nothing of it until I received a letter in July 09. I wrote to them asking for more info as I knew nothing of this PCN and the other 2 they had included in the letter.

They told me in a letter I received in August that I was aware of this particular PCN as it placed on the window of my vehicle, so DVLA not giving the correct address for Notice to Owner does not count in this case and I have to pay not only the full PCN £100 but also additional £85 in charges. I wrote to them again disputing this and they then said I should pay the discounted amounts on all 3.

I was still not happy with this as I have seen no proof that this ever took place. I wrote to them again in Sept saying i wanted to see some CCTV or photographic proof of the offences and I was appealing them. That was the last I heard until the letter I have posted above.

One small detail is that in an earlier letter they stated the PCN was placed on my windscreen, yet in the Report I have been sent (above) it says the PCN was handed to the driver and not placed on the windscreen.

The other 2 which I have yet to hear back from them since I appealed.

Hope this makes things a little clearer.