CCS Colletions / Aktiv

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Over the past year the DCA namley CCS have been phoning my mother, and asking for me to contact them regarding an outstanding debt. She told them i wasnt living there and she wouldn't pass my details to them. Then a few months ago a letter was sent from a solicitor demanding the full amout and stating the debt was owned by Aktiv Kapital, I rang them and told them i'd never heard of them so they said the it was a debt by lombard tricty. I told them it's still nothing to do do with me. after that the calls stoped. but last month they stared again, two days ago they rang my mother, and today they sent a letter to my home address. Thinking about it i did have a store card for dixons, curreys and that was though Lombard, but it was over 10 years ago.

so my question is should i contact CCS, or just continue to ignour them.

Thank you,

What did the letter to your home address say? Did it include any kind of account number which could be used to trace an alleged debt?

If you had a store card over ten years ago, then presumably you will not have made any payments nor acknowledged any alleged debt in writing during the last six years? If that is the case, any alleged debt will be barred under the Limitations Act anyway.

(Just to be absolutely clear - an alleged debt is statute barred if there has been ANY period of six years where no payment or written acknowledgment has been made, it does not have to be the LAST six years)

It sounds as though you are safe here in just launching the necessary complaints.

SH

Thanks for the quick reply scabHunter,

The letter to my home address stats that Aktiv have authorised CCS Colletions to recover the full amount, and this is formal notice of intended court action. and to pay in 7 days, then go on to say what can happen if a court order is obtained, and the says in caps this problem will not go away, and they intend to recover the full amount with delay.

Regards Ref/Acc Number, there is one for Aktiv and a payment ref:

as for payments i'm 100% sure it over 10yrs.

Do I just send the statue barred letter to them or do i need to anything before.

Thank you

Reference numbers are not enough. There needs to be a specific ACCOUNT number for you to even know whether or not any alleged debt exists.

Complain to the OFT, TS and directly to Aktiv Krapital. If they ever do manage to come up with an account number, then you can hit them with the SB letter.

SH

Once again thank you for help and advice. The letters for me to send to OFT, TS, Aktiv. Should they be in a general format just outlining the fact they are chasing a debt without suppling the original Acc No, and only giving the payment / Aktiv's Acc number.

The main thrusts of the complaint should be

1) That they are harassing you for money without proving that any alleged debt is actually owed

2) That they are harassing a third party who would not in any case be liable for any alleged debt.

SH