1st Credit Ltd - Default Removal Advice?

Jules55
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Equifax file is showing an entry from 1st Credit Ltd. It's an old Goldfish Credit card, I made an offer to settle last year and it was accepted, however, a default is showing for the month of August 08 and a "S" for the following month as settled.

Status shows Settled

Current Balance shows 0

Default/Delinquent Balance shows £2655

Date Satisfied 29/10/2008

How can I get this removed? Can I CCA 1st Credit Ltd or is that not valid as the account has now been settled?

Can I request a copy of the assignment of the debt from Goldfish to 1st Credit Ltd, I assume I have to deal with 1st Credit Ltd as they are showing on the credit file, therefore they are the legal owners of the data?

Can I simply ask them to send me confirmation that the account is satisfied and no money is owed so maybe I can contact Equifax and ask them to remove the default or can it only be removed by 1st Credit Ltd?

Not sure which is the best way to proceed and what my chances are of having the default removed?

Appreciate any guidance from the well informed and if there is a standard template letter/s to send in this instance?

Thanks, that sound good because Barclays have taken over a big pile of brown stuff from Goldfish and its quite likely that Barclays won't be able to reply with any data or original CCA/ deed of assignments etc.

It sounds like Barclays are in a right mess over old goldfish stuff hint hint;)

I say that as I recently had success having one old goldfish credit card data removed from my credit file and this was done by asking Equifax to invistigate and they contacted Barclays who later confirmed that the data would be removed from my file as they couldn't provide any evidence to Equifax!

So its possible the same thing could happen but would Barclays be able to remove the 1st Crud entry & default or only 1st Crud? Surely if Barclays do not provide any evidence to Equifax etc than there couldn't have been a original agreement to assign to 1st Crud and therefore 1st Crud must remove the unlawful data?

Any further guidance would be appreciated.