Cabot again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Requested a CCA of Cabot earlier this year, they sent the usual reply that they are trying to obtain it etc. I have now received a letter from them saying that they have still not obtained the CCA. But they have got copies of statements which they say 'constitute a clear acknowledgement of your responsibility to repay the debt'

They then go onto say 'In light of the above, Cabot is of the opinion that you have been provided sufficient evidence that the account exists'

'I trust we have set our position clearly'

Do I ignore or send them a letter saying that they have to provide a CCA?

You could always write back saying," I trust this makes my position clear-F*** off" :D

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I thank you.

Just because they have statements mean nothing. Until they come up with a VALID agreement they can swivel.

Anything that makes these "less than formally educated people" suffer in their pockets is good news for me:D

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

What they say at the end of letter

'For your ease of reference the outstanding balanve on the above account is £****. I would recommend you contact our Collections department within 14 days to discuss the options available in order to settle this account

I trust we have set out our position clearly

Edited by mustang67
spelling

What they say at the end of letter

'For your ease of reference the outstanding balanve on the above account is £****. I would recommend you contact our Collections department within 14 days to discuss the options available in order to settle this account

I trust we have set out our position clearly

I had one of those same letters in April, which I ignored, and haven't heard

anything since.

Just hate every DCA out there

Had exactly the same letters for OH account (pre 2007, no CCA by their admission!) They were persistant, even threatening court action, but I sent my final bog off letter at the beginning of last month, and we have'nt heard anything else!

Having had personal past experience of them, in my case they got the message, and I never heard another thing from them!

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Note the wording -

'In light of the above, Cabot is of the opinion that you have been provided sufficient evidence that the account exists'

Was anybody ever disputing that the account existed? What is in question is whether an agreement containing all the prescribed terms and therefore compliant with Section 61(1)(a) exists. Without such a document, the account is unenforceable at law.

There is no connection between proving that an account exists, which they may or may not have done, and proving that it is enforceable at law.

Monty Python's dead parrot existed, but it was still an ex-parrot.

SH

Note the wording -

'In light of the above, Cabot is of the opinion that you have been provided sufficient evidence that the account exists'

Was anybody ever disputing that the account existed? What is in question is whether an agreement containing all the prescribed terms and therefore compliant with Section 61(1)(a) exists. Without such a document, the account is unenforceable at law.

There is no connection between proving that an account exists, which they may or may not have done, and proving that it is enforceable at law.

Monty Python's dead parrot existed, but it was still an ex-parrot

SH

Many thanks for your reply, Cabot can now go and take a running jump as far as I am concerned. :D