Default registered - help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i recently wrote to Eos Solutions (they were acting on behalf on Freemans) to request a copy of CCA. I had been behind with payments for a while and so Freemans passed this account onto EOS. EOS wrote back stating that Freemans were unable to supply a copy of the agreement - almost as soon as this letter was recieved a Default notice was registered on my credit file (in fact 3 default notices were registered as Freemans for some reason had split the account into 3 seperate accounts - i don't know why or how they have done this).

It is very important for me to have a clean credit report as i run my own business and may be looking for a new mortgage deal sometime in the near future.

Is it possible to have these defaults removed. Firstly there is no valid CCA, secondly i am unaware as to how i ended up with 3 accounts (one has an outstanding balance of approx. £3000, one £209 and the other £90!). Also i did not recieve any formal notification that this default was to be registered - i had been recieveing letters stating that my account was in arrears. All accounts have now been marked as 'settled' on my credit report also but with the defaults firmly in place.

Should i write to the CRA's and ask them to remove them and also to Freemans/EOS.

Any helpwould be very much appreciated.

Best wishes

DFF

Hi, sorry to step in but I have an issue as I have been told today by a factoring company that I cannot be a director or a shareholder of a newco that we are setting up. This has come about because over the last 6-mths I have challenged the banks with CCA 1974, and Bank of Scotland have admitted they have no agreement. Unfortunately, they have recorded defaults along side others.

Do you have any experience or knowledge of this ?

I am not sure if I can even get a bank a/c

Thanks

I wish I had some good news for you but I'm in a similar position to you with Kays (Shop Direct)

Mine was all paid up many moons ago but they refuse to remove. No CCA, no notification. My discussion with them has gone on for 4 months or so. They sent a letter last week saying they had no intention of removing the default as when I accepted the goods I was bought into their process and didnt have a leg to stand on.

They ended up saying if I wasnt happy to contact th Ombudsman,