hoover tumble dryer out of 12 months guarantee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all need some advice on my broken dryer had it 18 months and drum came away from fixings in the back of the machine!!!

have written to hoover asking for repair or replace, they say no can do!!!!

bit miffed cos they will repair it but i have to pay £109 call out!! it cost me £269.

i would like to ask what is classed as a responable life span of white appliance these days cos 18 months is a bit crap!!!

thanks debbie x

hi andrew

have already been in touch with retailer (littlewoods) and they said if i dont get any joy from hoover/candy then i will have to get and pay for an independant engineer to come and give me a statement to prove the fault is manufacters fault and then they will replace it, easier said then done as phoned a few and most say they wont put their name to a written estimate. as it may come back on them!!! not sure what to do now.

i have had letter back from hoover and they stand by the fact that they will repair it but i still have to pay the call out fee of £109 plus any labour charge!!! do i have a chance with the "product has not been fit for the purpose it was sold for" i think that comes under sale of goods act!!!

debbie x

hi andrew

have already been in touch with retailer (littlewoods) and they said if i dont get any joy from hoover/candy then i will have to get and pay for an independant engineer to come and give me a statement to prove the fault is manufacters fault and then they will replace it, easier said then done as phoned a few and most say they wont put their name to a written estimate. as it may come back on them!!! not sure what to do now.

i have had letter back from hoover and they stand by the fact that they will repair it but i still have to pay the call out fee of £109 plus any labour charge!!! do i have a chance with the "product has not been fit for the purpose it was sold for" i think that comes under sale of goods act!!!

debbie x

to be unfit for purpose, there has to be an acknowledged fault statement with that model from the manu.

your recourse is through the retailer [littlewoods] and by supplying an engineers report [standard practice in this case]

the eng does not have to provide any other information other than why the unit has failed. cant see why your guy is running away from that.

you have a good case, you need to move it foward by getting what your fault is verified and fwd that report to littlewoods.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...