NEW MOBILE SCAM - you may be entitled to 3750

papadak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've come in here through Google while searching for the text content. I did search for the number I received the message from (07591 299555) and this must be a new number they're using as nothing found.

I just spoke to a nice lady at the ICO and she told me they're aware and are currently investigating and to file a complaint.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/privacy_and_electronic_communications.aspx

If you received this as a text message you need this file:

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/privacy_and_electronic/forms/pecr_complaints_form.doc

Download, fill it in and email back to: casework@ico.gsi.gov.uk

I know it does say on the website to try and contact the offending party first but I told the woman on the phone, I'm aware there are premium rate numbers starting 07 and I didn't want to risk getting sucked into one of those scams by replying to it or calling it and she said that's fine.

I'm VERY tempted to reply CLAIM and see who answers it and give them some trouble down the phone.

I did quote the text goodwill posted from the tpsonline and regardless that it says "No" to the question companies are not allowed to send you marketing messages unless you've first consented to receiving them - they are flouting the law.

• Haha 1

I did actually reply "CLAIM" and I just had the woman on the phone hang up on me but not after I found out who they are.

They are a company called "Compensation Claims" and their website is dot co dot uk. I'm not typing the URL in full as not to provide a link back to them.

I've also just forwarded this onto the ICO.

I'll save you the trouble (I've added spaces to the domain name to stop it turning into a link - don't want any backlinks)

Domain name:
c o m p e n s a t i o n c l a i m s . c o . u k

Registrant:
  Paragon Ltd

Registrant type:
  UK Limited Company, (Company number: 5241653)

Registrant's address:
  PO Box 163
  Clitheroe
  Lancashire
  BB7 0DA
  United Kingdom

Registrar:
  Paragon Ltd [Tag = BLUEROCK]
  URL: http://www.bluerockdesign.com

Relevant dates:
  Registered on: 03-Dec-1998
  Renewal date:  03-Dec-2012
  Last updated:  08-Mar-2011

Registration status:
  Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
  ns.rackspace.com
  ns2.rackspace.com

I have emailed them complaining asking to be removed from their mailing/SMS list and I was expecting an email back apologising asking for my number so they can remove it. Instead they said they don't market this way. Sent an email back asking her to explain how the woman on the phone was ready to take all my details after she confirmed that she was responding to my reply to their SMS.

Just waiting for their response.

Edited by Yesideez