Barclays - Aviva / Asprea / Crawfords - Nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4716 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having purchased house insurance from Barclays, it has been my extreme misfortune to discover that their claims process is 'handled' (on Barclays behalf) by the other 3 companies above. By handled I mean that they pass policy holders through an ever increasing series of call centre type operations throughout the UK. Each stage of the route is managed by personnel who in the main are unable to comply with simple requests (eg: a)can you send an e-mail to confirm the date and expected time that your surveyor will arrive, or b) can I discuss your proposed work spec with a technical person, or c) can you advise what your process actually is)

Again If you pose a slightly more complex question, such as when will I be able to schedule the workmen to start on my house which is deteriorating daily (due to Avivas claim avoidance techniques), you will find that their call centre phones click and you are left listening to piped music or transfered to yet another person who continues to play their 'stonewalling' game.

Does anyone have similar experience or could offer advice?

Thank you in anticipation

• 4 months later...

Hi pilot2, Nothing has changed, these companies should be keel hauled due to their inadequacies, unprofessional, bad manners,....their just C**p

I agree, Aviva, Crawfords, Insure repair, Asprea, these companies are totally lacking in manners, professionalism, courtesy, understanding, my roof leak caused by storm damage was called in on the 22.1.10(morning) and it is now 24.1.10 (evening), all they have done is to pass me from one lackadaisical company to another more incompetent company.

How hard is it to arrange for someone to carry out repairs on a roof, all the responses I received were that I would have to arrange and pay for the work to be carried out myself, and that the monies for the work carried out may not be reimbursed.

Why do I pay these cretins an insurance policy, when they want myself to do their work for them. I have e-mailed who I can just now and the ombudsman too

• 1 year later...

my mum made a claim on 27/12/2010 - yep 2010 and we still haven't been paid!

we have been passed from pillar to post! CRAWCO ARE USELESS!!! they have promised me the payments in 5 working days, so when i called 8 working days later to see where the money was, i was shocked that it was still on the managers desk, waiting to be signed off and that it will take another 4 days!!!

AVIVA ARE A JOKE!!!!!