bank of scotland/ one account

james7406
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

got to go to court in october, for possession order,

on court papers it says arrears is 96,000 i think this is the total mortgage amount, i am only in arrears of 4,000 was 8,000 in july but have paid off 4,000 since then, cant understand why they are saying that the arrears is whole mortgage amount.at the moment paying 200 a week.

Not to sure how to fill in the defence form for the court.

Help

James

MrsC - claims for possession of property are not the same as claim forms for debts. There is no acknowledgement of service. There should be an N11M defence form included in the Claim for POssession pack.

If you can wait till this evening I will help you with the form and a statement for Part 27 of the form which is the most important part.

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

sorry i havent replied, i have been working away.

think i will be ok filing in defence form, just one question on the court papers it says " the mortgage is secured under an all monies agreement payable on demand"

showing arrears at issue £96472.24 redemption amount £96472.24.

I am only in arrears of approx £4000.00 so am not to sure what above statement means.

any info would be appreciated

thanks in advance,

james

Have they affixed a schedule of payments (statement) with the claim form?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

What date is the hearing in October?

OK, you need to send them a letter tomorrow by special delivery asking for an up to date statement of the account. Give them until 7th October to reply. When you get that we can do a statement for you to take to the court showing the true situation. If you need help with the letter, let me know and I'll draft one for you.

Hi are you aware of what the all monies clause means?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

All Monies Here the mortgage secures not just the amount you now borrow, but, and in addition, any other sum which any person signing the mortgage comes to owe to the lender in whatever manner, at whatever time, and at whatever branch, and with or without the other party's knowledge or consent.

In other words - All Monies Charge clause in the mortgage agreement documents issued by some lenders means the lender secures all debt against the mortgaged property, including any additional borrowing such as personal loans or overdrafts. This means they are entitled to repossess the property should the borrower default.

So if you have a mortgage that is up to date and a loan that is overdue they can still apply to take the property.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

If you have no additional borrowing with them, then it shouldn't affect your case. They are bringing the action because your mortgage is in arrears, not because of any other loans being in arrears.

how will that affect my case, i have no other loans or anything with rbs.

confused

James

then that is unusual that they are using that clause. Are you sure you have no other credit cards / store cards that are underwritten by RBS?

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

They will be using that clause because that is the description of the type of mortgage he has.

So if you have a mortgage that is up to date and a loan that is overdue they can still apply to take the property.

Yes, but it is irrelevant if you have no other borrowing with them.