Fixed Penalty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter had a fixed penalty for using her mobile and although she had mitigating circumstances decided to accept and pay the fine. She sent off the payment along with her licence many weeks ago. Having chased it up several times she has been told it's still waiting to be endorsed as they were still awaiting the paperwork from the police officer and they have chased him up themeselves twice but still nothing.

They said my daughter can have her licence back if she is willing to accept the points before they have the paperwork, any idea where she stands on this, does the officer have a time frame for forwarding the paper work to the office who makes the endorsements?

Thanks

Paul

Edited by speedy0101
spelling

A couple of different options here I think;

1. Call the station the officer is based at and speak to an Inspector or Sergeant and have a moan. I think you're quite within your rights to do so.

2. Do nothing other than call the ticket office weekly, detail it all down, time,date, who you spoke to etc and then make a formal complaint in a few weeks.

3. Accept the points without the paperwork.

I think its unlikely (but not impossible) that the ticket will be cancelled.

You could consult with a lawyer, do you have household or car insurance with legal cover that you could telephone and get more info.

Sorry I can't give you more advice, its not a side I deal with.

Maybe the officers on a course, sick leave or holiday.

Its certainly not professional to have to wait this long though.

I'd be interested to see what others think.