I am scared! Please help??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Its been a while but I am back.

I have had a credit card with Halifax. I owe £3300 approx. Over £1000 of this is charges and rediculous add ons.

I hit a bad time where I couldn't pay and each time I did, the charges were too much and couldn't keep up. And so the story goes...

It has now been taken over by CABOT financial who have been trying to chase me for a year or so. I have fobbed them off by sending them away to get the original documentation etc... which they have now come up with (copies) and copies of my statements.

Looking thro these statements I see that I was paying for (and increasing payments for) Payment protection. !!!!

I admit to being in such a mental state at the time that I had no idea this was in force.

The debt has now been taken over, as I said... Is there anything that I can do - to either exonerate or help myself by mentioning that nothing was said about this payment protection? Should I not have been advised by Halifax that I had this? I can swear on as many bibles etc that is asked of me, they said absolutely nothing about it.

I am really scared now. :???: I have had threatening letters from Cabot saying they want the money - now within 7 days... I had the 28 days one a few weeks ago.

I contacted a company called Cartel. Anyone heard of them? I am getting pretty desperate.

Both my husband and I are on benefit - disability and such like.

I don't have money to pay out at the moment. This cartel company are coming on Friday to assess the situ. They want to look at our mortgage failure too. (We lost our house etc... due to illness etc..unability to pay).

HELLLLP!!! PLEAAASEE!!!

:eek::confused: Totallylost :confused::eek:

I only want what's mine.

Cabot (Halifax CC) £3304.31 - trying to negotiate min payment.- Sept 09

They sent copy of original agreement (bad copy).Felt I had to comply to stall. :mad:

Halifax/BMidshires - Mortgage - £18000 - In process of beginning to sue for them selling the house (after REPO) below the market value. :mad:

Who and what are Cartel

First things first, if you have all the statements add pu all the charges and PPi payments into the attached spreadsheet then write dont phone crabot and state that you want these removed. - dont forget to put in the dates of the payments so that interest is added

Spreadsheets - Consumer Wiki

did you get the agreement checked out by people on here?

Cartel are a local company who 'help' people with debt/wrongful charges and misprints etc..

I contacted them when I got one of the latest letters from Cabot.

My husband says that this site won't be able to help (pain in ar**) so I tried anything.

So, I need to write down all the charges, late fees, etc.. and PPi payments on a spreadsheet and add them all up - send this to Cabot to ask them to remove this total?

I had PPi when the debt was with Halifax. Should I not have been assisted in some way with this? Is it not an insurance for when the debt can't be paid?

I haven't been on the forums for some time. Its been quietly hectic the last year or so. Now we have lost our house, settled into a rented property, Cabot have found us and sent us the copy of the original agreement. Their first correspondence was nearly 3 yrs ago.

How can I have the agreement checked by people here?

Forgive my naiveity..

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I only want what's mine.

They sent copy of original agreement (bad copy).Felt I had to comply to stall. :mad:

Halifax/BMidshires - Mortgage - £18000 - In process of beginning to sue for them selling the house (after REPO) below the market value. :mad:

ok when was the last time you made a payment or written acknowledgement of the debt?

Yes add up all charges and ppi plus interest, state that the ppi was misold, they usually were from those days

how much is cartel going to charge you, advice on here is free and only requires some small effort on your part

scan the agreement up removing any personal details - does it say agreement or does it say application form, and did it come with the terms and conditions

hey totallylost, please stop worrying, the peeps on here will help you get yourself sorted out, you can claimm the PPI back if you never wanted it and it was misold and the charges you can get back no bother as they are not enforceable. Just take the advice you will be given and chill they may owe you more than they owe you!

Thanks guys

Cartel did say they would be able to help but will take a bit of time to complete.

£175 admin charges - otherwise no win no fee. I am stuck on the legalities. My brain don't work that way. They say ignorance is bliss, but I am not so sure.

I have not mentioned to Cabot anything about my debt, although Cartel suggest I give them a minimum each month - to keep the courts off my back while they sort out the rest. Ive had the final letter. If I leave it any longer I will be in doo doo. I have created an online account with cabot but can't log in. Typical, so nothing is done yet.

oh my head hurts. :(

I only want what's mine.

The other debts here on this site, have been 'cleared' by the loss of our home - they all put a finger in the pie, wanting their share. They didn't get much. We now owe on the Mortgage - and halifax/Cabot.

I have just sent one of my boys to uni - thankfully we are eligable for help.

Its all a blur.

I only want what's mine.

The other debts here on this site, have been 'cleared' by the loss of our home - they all put a finger in the pie, wanting their share. They didn't get much. We now owe on the Mortgage - and halifax/Cabot.

I have just sent one of my boys to uni - thankfully we are eligable for help.

Its all a blur.

You should not owe on the mortgage, if others were able to take their share after the house was sold.

You need to find out if the agreement is enforcable.

Send the letter below to Cabot and try not to wory so much. Cabot can do nothing to you, without the court being involved. If you survive on benefit, the court would only ask you to pay £1 per month, if anything.

xxxxxxxxx 2009.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re account no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With reference to the alleged debt to your company, this letter is a formal request of true copy of a signed and dated credit agreement for the above account number, under the terms and conditions of section 78(1) of the CCA act 1974. I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £1.00

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit.

I enclose a postal order no xxxxxxxxxxxxxx in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

This letter needs to be sent first class registered and signed for post. They have 14 working days to provide your agreement. Don't let them fob you off by saying they need more time. If they have not responded by the time 14 working days are up, the account goes into dispute.

You should be able to claim PPI back, plus the interest that they have charged on it. You can also claim back the unlawful charges.