Disputed Debt 'stayed' at court is then sold to DCA .. who want details of the court case from me

WormHasTurned
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, I must say that this is the NICEST letter I have ever seen from a DCA! In any event, I would send a CCA request to the DCA, this will put the debt on hold a buy some time. Dont forget to enclose a £1 postal order. Then send a SAR to Egg and see what charges can be claimed back to reduce the debt.

• 4 weeks later...

I would write to the courts asking for a postponement on the grounds that you are disputing the debt and that you have sent a SAR request to Egg who are delaying. They saw fit to serve papers on you (clearly they were satisfied with your identity and address). Tell the courts that until this information arrives, you are unable to properly prepare your defence.

Also write to Egg stating that you find their letter to be a stalling and delaying tactic and that you have written to the courts to point this out. Point out to them that they did not have a problem with your identity when they filed court action!

• Haha 1