Clydesdale Song and video

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having chased this mob, not just for several thousands, but also because they've sent statements to the wrong address, told my clients my balance and consistently stopped my overdraft 'by mistake' (taking my credit score from 940 to 280 in a year); I have had enough, and I wrote a wee song and made a wee video.

Have a look, leave a message, get it noticed!

Cheers,

tsugi

• Haha 1

Excellent tsugi. Hope you don't mind me linking this in the Bear Garden for a wider audience.;):D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You are too kind. Three hours after posting the link in moneysavingexpert, Clydesdale phoned and started asking for info on my 5 month-old claim. "We'll have this sorted in five days" they said. I am sure that does NOT mean they'll decide in my favour, but it's an interesting coincidence that after five months of inactivity (I received a letter that morning telling me I had to wait as there was a long queue), I get a phone call and action three hours after posting on YouTube. Hmmm

BTW - over £500 in charges in August. Including those made while a cheque sat in my account taking more than five business days to clear. God Bless 'em and their cotton socks too.

Got an email of funnies today, with a number of "Questions that haunt me".

This one struck a chord.

Why do banks charge a fee on 'insufficient funds' when they know there is not enough money?

:rolleyes:
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

urther info - Bank charges in AUGUST are now at £525! God bless 'em. They called last Friday - three hours after I posted here about the song and video (the video is at nearly 1000 hits now), asked some questions and said they would get the claim 'dealt with' in five days. I don't know what 'dealt with' means (could just mean they say "Bog off. That's you dealt with"). We are now at five business days later, and I have heard nowt so far. I shall keep you informed. I've also written another letter to the branch, asking that they don't bounce things when they can see a cheque waiting to clear. The last £525 of charges were done with a cheque for £1100 waiting to clear. Cheque clears: cheque is now worth £600 or so!

More info as soon as. Do check out the video - the more views, the more I might get some action!

t

• 2 weeks later...

State of play:

They called two weeks ago - "we are settling in 5 days"

10 days later I called them to see what was going on. "The letter has gone out, but because you didn't take your ex-wife's name from your account, we're sending half the repayment to her"

I explained that both my ex and I had written and phoned frequently to have her name taken from the account, and that among my letters of complaint he would find just that issue! He said to check the letter of offer and get back to them.

No letter of course. I called on Tuesday to say as much. They were going to chase it up and someone would get back that day.

Ahem... I called yesterday - someone would get back. Got back home and there was indeed a message: "The letter has just been sent out and will arrive tomorrow or Saturday" - This is the letter that apparently went out over a week ago!

New letter? Or was the first one a bit of porky pies?

I'll write more when I know more.

t

Tsugi, I see you came here as well, that explains some of the comments on the youtube song ;).

NWSM on MSE and a fan of yours, lol.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf