1st Credit F&F offer.... seems no cca available

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I CCA'ed 1st Credit (acting for JD Williams) and they got back to me saying they have requested a copy of it from the client.

I went ahead and sent them a F&F letter offering £400 (the balance is in the region of £900 and I thought if they accepted this if they'd a CCA on file then happy days) and then wrote back declining saying the lowest they can accept is £500. So I sent them another letter saying that as of yet I still havent received a copy of the credit agreement and that they were outside the time allowed and that I couldnt stretch to £500 but could raise £450.

I have attached the letter I received from them yesterday (hope its not too small for you to read). They seem to state that a copy of the agreement isnt available and they will accept £450 within 7 days. Now is there any point me writing to them to say you havent got a copy of the credit agreement so all i'm willing to pay is say £250. But Obviously I want them to change my credit report to 'settled' but would they still be willing to do this if I offer them so little. There is a default on my credit history from Candid Collections/JD Williams (16-06-05) so should automatically drop of around June 2011.

Any advice on my next move.

Many thanks,

K x

1ST CREDIT FF REPLY.pdf

depends on what you want, you offered 450 and they accepted and stated that they would amend your credit file accordingley,

although they do not have an agreement you have in effect acknowledged the debt by making an offer, so if you go back on it they now have more ammunition to fire at you.

should you reduce the offer?? personally and this in my opinion only, If I make an offer I stick to it

its diff to try and work out the history of this dedt as you keep making so many [apparent] dis-jointed threads.

try and keep to ONE thread for each debt make things a lot easier.

now is this the candid credit one?

who was the original creditor?

if this has been passed around at least twice now, with no CCA in existance, i'd offer £150 .

how do you know it IS your debt and not just a DCA spoof debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the input PGH7447. I'm thinking along your lines, because I offered it and they accepted it I should pay it. I could kick myself though for not offering lower :mad: Obviously I would love to pay as little as possible.

its diff to try and work out the history of this dedt as you keep making so many [apparent] dis-jointed threads.

try and keep to ONE thread for each debt make things a lot easier.

Sorry Dx, :confused: as far as I'm aware this is the first thread I have put up about this actual debt. The others were about cahoot & barclaycard. So should I keep ALL my posts in one thread even though they are about different debts??? Apologies for my dis-jointed threads, I'll be sure to keep them in one from now on.

now is this the candid credit one?
The creditor was JD Williams, but on my credit report its marked down as defaulting with Candid Collections, I think they must be somehow connected with JD Williams because an up to date account my mum has with JD also shows as Candid Collection on the credit report. 1st Credit are the DCA collecting the debt.

Hi i also had a debt of £1100 with these people and asked for a copy of my agreement which they couldnt supply. I then said until it was found then any action should be put on hold. I have checked my credit file recently and this debt is now marked as satisfied !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont understand but im not complaining.

Cheekoweeko,

It all depends on what damage the credit file will do to you? If you can play hard ball then you could write back offering a lower offer due to them not holding an enforceable agreement on file(I wouldnt go too low though). Bear in mind though that I dont think your not paying will mean they go bust so they can sit it out just as you can.

If you need a good credit rating then pay up what you have previously offered or counter offer with a slightly lesser amount but bear in mind you've given them the upper ground by stating how much you could pay and they will take it as read that you have that amount avail.

These DCA's pay between 6p-15p in the £ for debts so I wouldnt feel under any duty to repay them anything like the original balance (40% and lower seems a good compromise to me).

S.

I have checked my credit file recently and this debt is now marked as satisfied !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont understand but im not complaining.

Have you checked with all 3 CRAs? One of my debts was marked 'settled' with one of them (its certainly far from settled) & I thought 'happy days' :razz: but when I checked with another it was defaulted :mad: Knew it was 'too good to be true'.

But Fingers crossed for you that that 'wiped it out' seeing as they didnt have a CCA.

Thanks for the reply 'the_shadow' ;)

Unfortunately my credit rating is below rubbish at the minute :| and will only get 'healthier' once my 3 defaults fall off my record in 2011. :rolleyes:

I think i'll just send them the £450 I agreed with them. At the end of the day its better than payment the £900 odd I still owed.

Thanks again

i doubt the wisdom of giving 50% of debt to someone that may well have paid no more than £50 for it, and anything more will be clar profit to them & they would have gotten away with the usual scams too.

have you ever CCA'ed JD williams about it, i wonder what IS the original figure?

the trouble here is a DCA as opposed to the OC can never guarantee that the outstanding will never be chased.

the oc can.

now if it has been SOLD to the DCA circuit, then i'd offer £150 F&F mark as satisfied & agee they nor no-one will ever chase again.

your call.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...