Another Parent Helping Another Son

scampi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my son's charges have mounted up almost solely because he has exceeded his overdraft limit (I don't think he has any bounced direct debits as he doesn't have these - he can't handle them and pays cash). Can we claim these charges back and if so for what period? Are Lloyds TSB likely to want him to close his account?

Welcome to the forum scampi - you are in the right place,

...Are Lloyds TSB likely to want him to close his account?

The Financial Services Authority has stated that no customer should be penalised for claiming back bank charges, for full explanation see this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/14893-fsa-position-account-closures.html

Stick with it to the end and you will get back what they have taken, give up part way through and you will not.

Read the FAQ's section and do plenty of reading here, it will pay dividends.

Hope this helps, the good will out.

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

Hi Scampi,

I would confirm what Bean said. When helping my son out I did as much reading of the FAQs and other people's threads as possible to get good idea of what to expect. This forum is absolutely brilliant. Follow the steps and be persistent. If in doubt just shout and someone will give you advice or encouragement.

Best wishes to you and your son.

Walgrave

• 2 months later...

Hi Scampi,

Haven't seem a post from you lately. Just to let you know that Lloyds settled my son's claim last week - just two weeks before the court hearing. Just thought I'd let you know and give you a bit of encouragement as you help your son.

Walgrave

Congratulations Walgrave!

My computer went down and I lost the forum, so thanks for replying, it showed up in my e-mail!

We haven't done anything about our son's charges yet. We live in Spain (he doesn't) so it's a bit difficult. We have helped him to do a budget for his spending. This appears to be working and he hasn't gone over his overdraft limit in about three months.

Will help him with the charges when we're in the UK next time.