Read This! - Daily Express Aug 5th 2009

N.P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Problem is whenever I hear or read about any politician promising to do something I find it very difficult to believe them :-|

I'd love to be proved wrong for once

If anyone will prove you wrong it's her. I think she is one of those people who is genuinely independent and speaks her mind, not the party line. We'll see.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone will prove you wrong it's her. I think she is one of those people who is genuinely independent and speaks her mind, not the party line. We'll see.

Fred

I quite agree FB and will also be emailing her with our DCA experiences;)

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

If anyone will prove you wrong it's her. I think she is one of those people who is genuinely independent and speaks her mind, not the party line.

I wish she'd been a bit more like that back when she was a junior minister, but at least she's someone who's up to the job ;)

...unlike the two MPs where I live!

Hi Sillygirl1

I sent a SAR to lowells last week. they have put a default on my credit file with Equifax for a debt that is not mine. They have also linked 4 addresses to my account where i have never lived. I am not sure what they will send me

I am also going to send a SAR to Equifax to see what checks they made and what eveidence was given them to make sure the details were accurate. I do not think they have so I will be persuing them in court also for Malicious Falsehood.

I have not seen anyone who has Sent a SAR to a CRA before. Has anyone on here done it?

If so what was the response?

Hi Sillygirl1

I have not seen anyone who has Sent a SAR to a CRA before. Has anyone on here done it?

If so what was the response?

This was something a few people in the Cabot Fan Club did a couple of years ago-- had to push for the the info from CRA but it arrived eventually - a HUGE box of paperwork...lol

Go for it - they have to respond...

:D

Just hate every DCA out there

This was something a few people in the Cabot Fan Club did a couple of years ago-- had to push for the the info from CRA but it arrived eventually - a HUGE box of paperwork...lol

Go for it - they have to respond...

:D

This thread might help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/112671-cag-cra-r-club.html

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Just had an email advising my MPs inbox is full :( What's the point of sending a message if they can't empty their mail boxes???

They probably aren't aware that they have an inbox.

That or the office that told them how to "calculate" their expenses also told them that the best way to deal with their inbox is to not empty it - otherwise they get more mail.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this email:

SENT ON BEHALF OF THE RT. HON. ANN WIDDECOMBE MP

Dear Mr. Bassett,

Thank you very much for your email of 5 August.

Indeed I do not need to look at the site you mentioned to collect horror

stories as they have been pouring in by letter and email ever since I

wrote my article.

I am appalled by what has gone on and indeed am arranging, on my return

from recess, to meet with senior personnel in the Credit Services

Association to try and get some proposals for a rather more humane and

properly controlled approach.

Thank you very much for writing to me.

Yours sincerely,

The Rt. Hon. Ann Widdecombe MP

House of Commons

Westminster

London SW1A OAA

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Who will do a lot of hand-wringing and making of sympathtic noises, and nothing will change :( :( :(

You might be right but at least it's a start.

Fred

I'm jealous...I wrote a very articulate mail to her and have not even had a reply :|

Never mind BB. I bet your knickers are sexier than hers.

Fred

I am appalled by what has gone on and indeed am arranging, on my return

from recess, to meet with senior personnel in the Credit Services

Association to try and get some proposals for a rather more humane and

properly controlled approach.

The only problem is the CSA already have a code of practice & guidelines that their members diligently ignore. :rolleyes:

Ann Widdecombe is no fool. She is one of the most able politicians of her generation. She will go in there well briefed (with nice knickers!) and won't be taken in by their flannel (knickers). I think her intention will be to give them a bloody nose, which she is more than capable of doing. They annoyed her intensely and that is not something anyone does to Ann Widdecombe with impunity.

Ann Widdecombe is no fool. She is one of the most able politicians of her generation. She will go in there well briefed (with nice knickers!) and won't be taken in by their flannel (knickers). I think her intention will be to give them a bloody nose, which she is more than capable of doing. They annoyed her intensely and that is not something anyone does to Ann Widdecombe with impunity.

Quite so :-D

My letter is even better than yours, she states

"Your own experiences are clearly the tip of a very nasty iceberg" and invites me to give her permission to show the CSA my email about the problems with a certain credit card company...

Looks like the writing may be on the wall for some of the dodgy practices at last - and hopefully the regulatory bodies will have far more teeth and not care about 'preserving jobs'.

This is all good stuff.

Let the beatings begin!

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

What a delicious moment of schadenfreude that the DCA started to hound Ms Widdecombe.

If she stays on as an MP for the next election, I'll vote for her and I don't even live in her constituency!

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.