Black Horse missold ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to the FSA again yesterday after complaining to them about the charges etc. Black Horse have now confirmed to the FSA that the PPI has been cancelled, the claim is with Black Horse's team and is awaiting their perusal. Things seem to be moving along nicely.

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper

Unbelievable. Just had a letter from Black lot

took out the loan in April 2004 with 120 monthly payments due.

We have taken agreed payment breaks and are now told that we owe 90 more payments and are 8 months in arrears.

Just to put their figures into context the actual balance due to them is £10,000ish ,

their figures work out at a balance of over £18,500

this would surely mean that the agreed APR on the account according to the signed agreement is being changed by them without my agreement.

Edited by batman1956
More information

• 2 weeks later...

I have today recieved an e.mail from the FOS which I find disturbing

Dear Mr Batman 1956

I would confirm that Black Horse Limited have challenged our jurisdiction to deal with your complaint.

I have referred your case for investigation into this matter and the outcome will be communicated to you.

Yours sincerely

How can they do this as their complaints procedure was for me to refer my complaint to the FOS and they even sent a leaflet with contact details?

Out of the blue today Black Horse have sent a letter saying that they are refunding all the ppi plus 8% plus £200 for distress but no mention of the 12.9% interest on the agreement. Am i being greedy going for the interest as well as what they have offered?

Out of the blue today Black Horse have sent a letter saying that they are refunding all the ppi plus 8% plus £200 for distress but no mention of the 12.9% interest on the agreement. Am i being greedy going for the interest as well as what they have offered?

I believe the best you can expect is the refund of the PPI premiums you paid plus 8% statutory on those payments from the date the payment was made until the date a settlement was agreed.

The £200 is a bonus for them messing you about and I believe it is a way to keep the FSA at bay ( a bonus a day keeps the FSA away) The FSA have imposed some large fines on the companies and banks that have mis-sold PPI. Sadly the RBS went to the wall otherwise they IMO would have been in for a rather large fine at some point.

When you get your cash please post and I will add a **WON** to your thread title and do not forget to post your success in the stickies. This keep up the spirits of those still claiming and gives them a target.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Well done

very pleased for you

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Cheque arrived today so another win for CAG.

WELL DONE :D

do you want a thread title amendment to read title with a **WON** ?

Or perhaps wait until the cheque clears :rolleyes:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 1 month later...

Today I have recieved 2 default notices from Black Horse

One is for arrears on the account

despite the fact that all arrears have been paid from the ppi refund

and all payments are up to date

the second is for arrears on the insurance policy which by definition was missold and no longer exists.

Looks like the battle was won but the war is continuing.

HELP!!!!!!!! WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?

Apparently the default notices issued include charges for late payments.

My point is that had the insurance policy not been missold then the account would have actually been in credit after the third payment

taking into account that the loan payment on its own was £173.50 and the insurance was an extra £50 ish which was being paid in full for a vast period.

I still do not understand how the insurance policy which was cancelled in June 2009m can be in arrears and have a default issued for it

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH THIS.

dont think their left leg knows what their right foot is doing.

write back inc copies of these letters, explain the PPI refund placed the A/C in credit & that as the PPI had been cancelled since june 09 how come you now have a default notice!

demand they also remove any markers on your CRA too.

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just found this on cca 1974 none of the notices contains this so I assume that the default notices are not compliant with regulations

6.5 Creditors will be required, from 1 October 2008, to include a copy of the

current OFT default information sheet with each default notice.

FOS have been informed and are starting a complaint.

I am going to write to them can anyone give me any pointers what to say

as i've pointed above

i think at this point it matters not if/if not the notices are correct and i would not argue upon that point

your beef is they should not be doing it ... fullstop

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Had yet another letter today demanding payment of the arrears!!!!

I have phoned them and tried to explain but they want me to phone their insurance department to sort it out.

Fat chance the FOS has written to them already.

Ended up saying that I will continue to make the correct monthly payment but as far as any alleged arrears I will see them in court. I am fuming :mad::mad::mad:

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anybody else having problems with being defaulted for non existent PPI with Black Horse?

I think it may be a way of bending tax.

For example my account is in arrears (alleged) so this money can be written off against tax.

The account does not actually exist but Black Horse must have something on their system showing it does otherwise they could not generate defaults for the account.