Equifax & the use of "Attributable Data"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Have a bit of a situation with my Equifax file & wondered if anyone was experiencing anything similar.

A CCJ is appearing on my file (although in a section Equifax call "Attributable Data" & explain it as data that cannot be confirmed as me but provided to lenders anyway (charming!) - they say that lenders are told to investigate this data before making credit decisions). I lived with my brother for a short period in 2005. We share the same initial & surname. The CCJ had been filed with just an initial & a surname.

Now this strikes me as complete b@lls. Most credit decisions are automated (no wonder if I've had so much trouble once Equifax is involved).

Anyway, written to them & had a prelim conversation with the ICO, been told to give them 28 days to respond to my complaint.

Anyone else been through this?

Thanks

Edited by evancosmo
Got the data removed woo hoo!!

"Evancosmo" is short for the evanescent cosmopolite.

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE :rolleyes:

1st Credit: CCA request sent

Cabot: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Capquest#1: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Capquest#2: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Abbey: on going

Equifax: "attributable data" CCJ removed - Aug 09

About 2-3 years ago my husband had two ccj's on his credit file. No idea where they came from, certainly weren't anything to do with us. We went through a helluva battle to get them removed. We have a very common surname and he used to be in the forces.

He's also been accused by the CSA of being the father of many children, we got used to that one. They apparantly just blanket cover forces personel in the hope they strike lucky - because they can, because they have a list of names to go at and it's an easy target. All the children involved were from the same electoral area our proxy vote was held at by relatives as were the ccj's. We'd never lived anywhere near.

• 1 month later...

Pleased to report that Equifax removed all attributable data from my file following the letter of complaint. As a result my Equifax credit score gained nearly 200 points!

Result or what!:D

"Evancosmo" is short for the evanescent cosmopolite.

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE :rolleyes:

1st Credit: CCA request sent

Cabot: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Capquest#1: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Capquest#2: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Abbey: on going

Equifax: "attributable data" CCJ removed - Aug 09