Im being charged with wrong offence and in court next week

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people

I wanted to give an update.

Well the case has dragged on to its conclusion today due to various reasons but this afternoon I was found not guilty

I managed to get the money together for a good solicitor as I realised how much my licence means to me. This is the best decision I have ever made, today it was clear that at least one of the officers was lying 100% and the other only gave partial truths and together both stories clashed with each other, whilst my story has remained consistent throughout since the point of arrest and I was able to back up every single fact. The point that the engine was cold also paid a big part today.

I just wanted to post about today to give advice that even when faced with 2 police officers giving evidence against you, if you really are innocent its is still possible put forward a successful defence. And that having 2 officers as witnesses = certain conviction = myth.

Maybe the police/cps got greedy with this by going for a drink driving prosecution on just a hunch that I had been driving or was about to drive. They should have gone for the drunk in charge of a vehicle which I never disputed and would have pleaded guilty to.

The last six months have been the most stressful of my life and I am glad that today the right decision was made, I have learnt my lesson though and will never sleep in a motor vehicle after having a drink again and this has certainly confirmed that I will never be drink driving as the risks are certainly not worth it.

Well done. I hope you had a costs statement prepared.

My solicitor said I will be getting a refund of approx 80% of his fees because legal aid will now be paying for it. (only 80 % because his private fees are higher than what legal aid is prepared to pay).

Is this what you mean?

Reziak,

Well done and congratulations.

It disgusts me that officers have lied to make a case against you.

I was reading all the posts just now (without reading the date - doh!) and was about to suggest that you check for ANPR cameras in the approximate area the officer said you were driving. A bit of a longshot, but worth looking at under the circumstances.

I hope you are at the very least considering a formal complaint over the matter. In my view officers who deliberately lie tarnish the rest of us.

More than once I have been in court under oath and had to give evidence which is not compelling, but is just that, evidence. It is for the court to determine what weight to give it.

I think too many officers can get caught up in trying to 'help' the case instead of just giving their evidence. Incidentally, by help, I don't mean lie, I mean present their evidence in a manner which may make the defendant look guilty. Its just not worth it.

Do the job properly. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. But it's not worth your integrity, your livelyhood or liberty.

I'm delighted for you! Well done!

TD

If it were that obvious that one officer was lying, and the others evidence was, lets say, "shaky", I wonder if the powers that be, will have one, or both of them, charged with perjury?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Congratulations, I too thought that your story was very compelling, and I am glad that you received justice, I think that a complaint against the police officers is very much in order, I too fully support our police but I expect them to act honestly and with integrity at all times. Good for you! :=)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

If it were that obvious that one officer was lying, and the others evidence was, lets say, "shaky", I wonder if the powers that be, will have one, or both of them, charged with perjury?

Sam

I think it would be worth a complaint to a senior officer at least or if you are worried about a whitewash then a complaint to the IPCC.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My solicitor said I will be getting a refund of approx 80% of his fees because legal aid will now be paying for it. (only 80 % because his private fees are higher than what legal aid is prepared to pay).

Is this what you mean?

yes, plus your personal costs.

Reziak,

You have really GOT to make a formal complaints regarding the Officer(s). Stitching someone up is NOT acceptable , even in these ays of performance figures. I never did it when serving and it does not sound as if TD27 gets involved in that kind of thing. That type of officer lets the rest down AND believe it or not the vast majority of officers are straight as arrows. Its only the bad ones that get noticed and give the rest of the officers a bad name. IT HAS TO BE STAMPED OUT.

Make a written complaint to the Professional Standards Department of the relevant force.

Cheers - Scousegeezer.

My opinion of why they said what they did is because they saw my vehicle parked with myself sat in the drivers seat, with the keys in the ignition and the electrics on. They had not seen the vehicle move and the enigine was off.

Even though they knew that the vehicle was stationary and had been for at least the time while they were there, they did not beleive me when I told them I had not drove anywhere, now here they were supposed to either send me home or arrest me for drunk in charge of a vehicle. But instead the male PC tried to push for a confession out of me for driving over the limit.

Of course I was not going to admit to something I had not done, he still did not beleive me and knew that he was not going to be able to arrest or prosecute me on a suspicion that I was driving so had to say that he saw the vehicle moving :mad: And I could not beleive it when I was told the next morning that I was being bailed to appear before court for Drink driving. :shock:

Since then the case has dragged on for 6 months, partly due to having difficulty obtaining my defence evidence from the police who were reluctant to release it. I eventually I got a decent solicitor on board and various bits of cctv footage, the officers notebooks, etc where given to us straight away.

We got to court and the stories clashed from the officers. The male PC who I beleive was the ringleader in this got slaughtered by both my solicitor and by the Magistrates! He was on the end of a serious ear bashing from one nasty looking woman magistrate after he had given his evidence! :)

I beleive the WPc who is very young and probably not far into her career got dragged along in this and even though she was in the wrong I do not blame her. I over heard the prosecutor talking with my solicitor during a break and they seemed to share the same opinion.

I don't know what (if anything) i'll do from here, I do understand that if he has lied here, he would have done in the past too and maybe again in the future. Also I have lost quite a lot of money through lost work days, travel, etc. But at the moment I am just glad its all over.