Charging Orders

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Zander , haven't read report but guess that the info in the CAB report is collected from there own sources and not the true success rates of all court cases. As long as you go to court and argue your case I would not have thought that there was much of a chance of DCAs getting a charging order? whereas if the CAB advise you to admit the debt and then not turn up at court then 74% is quite possible ,but payment would only be when you sell your house.

sleepingdog

Read a report from CAB re DCA's now using charging orders to get people to pay full balance of debt. 74% success in court. Any thoughts?

dca' cannot jujst apply for a charging order

an application for a charging order can only be made where a debtor fails to comply with the terms of a CCJ awarded against them

thats a Long way down the line

even then there are other considerations not least of which is that the judiciary has been warned about this tactic and is starting to resist these moves

The chance of losing your home is slim though. I have had a charging order on my home for nearly 4 years now (Link, of all people - they are the worst). They send threat-o-grams and they used to phone all the time, but they have never tried to force a sale.