alamo car hire

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

just hoped i have put this into the right thread..

its just to do with car hire mostly in florida,, we have been to florida four times dealing with the same company [alamo] this time our fifth however we were stung for things we did not know we were signing for, the company we dealt with were always the same.so you come of the flight tired and signing forms for car hire as always just do it and get the car,,, the last time was the same however when we got home noticed weeks later that they had charged us for items we never agreed to. they did this underhand im afraid, the company we booked this holiday through have not backed us up with our complaint,,,we are not stupid ,,,just like to know if anyone has had the same dealings as we have

hi

just hoped i have put this into the right thread..

its just to do with car hire mostly in florida,, we have been to florida four times dealing with the same company [alamo] this time our fifth however we were stung for things we did not know we were signing for, the company we dealt with were always the same.so you come of the flight tired and signing forms for car hire as always just do it and get the car,,, the last time was the same however when we got home noticed weeks later that they had charged us for items we never agreed to. they did this underhand im afraid, the company we booked this holiday through have not backed us up with our complaint,,,we are not stupid ,,,just like to know if anyone has had the same dealings as we have

Sorry to hear of your problems.

The latest problems you are experincing are maybe to do with a change in company ownership, Alamo in the states have recently been taken over by Enterprise Rent a Car.

With Enterprise Rent a Car, the staff there are driven by bonus incentives, i beleive the charges you are relating to are for Excess Protection and or Collision Damage Waiver.

Check to see if the price quated is what you payed, sometimes they include EP, CDW etc but the price comes to the same as quoted.

If the price quoted is incorrect or even correct, complain to the branch, explain your concerns, if your still not happy escalate the matter to the area manager etc etc.

If you need contact details just let me know, hope you get things sorted.

The retailers worst nightmare !

hi

thanks for your reply,, we had taken out the gold insurance which includes cdw, everytime we have been its be ok,, the person behind the desk did not mention atall at anytime did we want extra cover,, we would have declined it,, there were 8 people in our group at the desk and we all have good hearing; it was for personal cover it really was done underhand im afraid,, basically it just to warn others who are going over to watch what they are signing for and make sure you dont have any suprises like we did,,, we rented two vans as there we 18 of us and i guarrenteed my card, well always done it did'nt think we had anything to worry about if we go again i will certainly make sure i sign for what i agreed

thanks

hi

thanks for your reply,, we had taken out the gold insurance which includes cdw, everytime we have been its be ok,, the person behind the desk did not mention atall at anytime did we want extra cover,, we would have declined it,, there were 8 people in our group at the desk and we all have good hearing; it was for personal cover it really was done underhand im afraid,, basically it just to warn others who are going over to watch what they are signing for and make sure you dont have any suprises like we did,,, we rented two vans as there we 18 of us and i guarrenteed my card, well always done it did'nt think we had anything to worry about if we go again i will certainly make sure i sign for what i agreed

thanks

If the company has misold you something i would certanly complain to them, they do like looking after customers, you may even get a free rental the next time you visit.

The retailers worst nightmare !