warning creditexpert.co.uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick Warning about getting your free credit rating check by using the 30 day trial credit checks offered on Creditexpert.co.uk. Even if you cancel your subscription with them they will continue to take £6.99 from your bank account until you actually cancel by phone. Something in the small print aparently. It is safer and cheaper to get your credit file directly from the credit reference agency (Usually £1).

Just a quick Warning about getting your free credit rating check by using the 30 day trial credit checks offered on Creditexpert.co.uk. Even if you cancel your subscription with them they will continue to take £6.99 from your bank account until you actually cancel by phone. Something in the small print aparently. It is safer and cheaper to get your credit file directly from the credit reference agency (Usually £1).

£2

cds:)

Yes I had this problem with them. I sent them an email to cancel. They then took another 6.99 so I emailed them telling them that if I didnot get a refund I would issue a county court claim thru mcol (for 6.99 + 15 compensation +25 court costs). They refunded within 3 days. That was last week.

• 5 months later...

Just to clear the Troll mist that has descended...

...don't go near the Debt Expert web site, it's just a front so they can hoover up more of your details, insert it into their nasty grubby database, and then cross-check the beggery out of it while they make you jump through annoying layers of deliberately tortuous Security Checks.

The main purpose of the Security Checks is to harvest more Data, such as sending you a Security PIN via the Post. That, as many of you will have spotted, is just to confirm your Address to make future Harassment easier.

By then they will have your email Address, IP Address, Postal Address and Telephone Number, plus anything else they can tease out of you along the way. When you enter the PIN, they have the full set confirmed.

Then, if anything juicy pops out of their system that can link you to a Debt, or highlight a worthless service their mates can sell you, they will automatically pass on your details to any and all of their odious mates at the banks, DCAs and insurance peddlers.

Then they charge you for the pleasure.

It's cheaper and less humiliating to drop your strides in the high street, waving a big sign that says spank me.

If you need to see what is going on, then it is indeed far better to send them a £2 Postal Order every now and again, and get the Statutory Report. That causes them hassle, and almost certainly costs them more than £2 to collate, print and post. But only send off for the report if you really have a good reason, because even that will hand them your name and address, and they will add a little flag marking you as someone to watch...otherwise why are you asking for the report in the first place?

The best advice is to avoid all contact with the Debt Reference Agencies, and the Debt Expert in particular. The least Data you give them, the better.

Also, watch out for many of the Price Comparison Web Sites...because many are run by you-know-who. I hope you can guess what is lurking behind the scenes harvesting Data!

Cheers,

BRW