Restons/MBNA

DJX
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received the first stages of court threat letters from Restons today-giving me until June 17th to pay in full or legal proceedings will be taken etc etc

It is also a debt with MBNA, who offered to accept £90 per month in May and then changed their minds and sent the debt to Restons!! When I sent Restons a copy of the letter from MBNA saying they would accept £90 per month, they said this was no longer acceptable to their client and they wanted the full amount (£10,000) by 17th June

I am on a DMP with CCCS who have been brilliant and it is only MBNA who are being nasty.

As and when I get the court papers would anybody be able to help me fill them out? I havent SAJ'd MBNA yet-should I do that now or send the sample letter in the thread once court proceedings are issued?

All your advice would be much appreciated

DJX:grin:

Doesn't surprise me that MBNA have changed their minds. I have a friend who worked there a few years back, and he never shuts up about how he hated working there because "MBNA are all about profit and don't give a **** who they screw over to make their next coin" excuse my language.

Sounds like a typical threat mail to me. They want to scare you into paying up, but fact is, you can't get blood from a stone.

Definitely have someone else confirm if this is a good idea or not, but I would send a letter to Reston's telling them that the £90 pcm offer made by MBNA was suitable to your financial circumstances and that is what you intend to pay. If it is not satisfactory to them, tell them you are not refusing to pay them, but are only willing to pay what you can reasonably afford and that the £90 pcm previously agreed upon is the amount you can reasonably afford to pay. Continue to say that you will put aside this £90 every month until it they agree to your repayment offer, at which point you will forward them this money.

Also make sure you make a copy of the letter and send it by recorded mail etc . They may not accept it, but you will have a letter recorded as being sent that tells them you are not refusing to pay, only that you want them to agree to the repayments pcm that is financially reasonable to you.

If this does go as far as court, that will be a big bonus, you will be able to honestly say that you are not refusing payment.

Also to note, going to court, not so bad really, the courts look at everything then make you pay only what you can truly afford. So that would be around £90 pcm then. They'll take it all the way and only get what you offered anyway most likely.

As for the other things, well, your dealings with Reston's seems more clear cut than mine is, so I would suggest get in everything to MBNA you need to CCA's if you need to, SAR's et al. I would also recommend letting Restons know about this when you do, just so you can be sure they are kept in the loop and can't press on then claim they had no idea you what action you were taking.

Disclaimer. I'm quite new to all this, but I've spent a lot of today reading on these forums, and this seems to be the right course of action based on my studied reading. It is still an uneducated guess however, so perhaps get confirmation form someone else too :)

Unemployed for 225 days, 32 weeks. Here's praying I find work before 40 (at this rate before 40 years old, not 40 weeks :s)

vs Capital One: CCA req sent 6/7/09. No reply

vs LTSB Credit Car: CCA req sent 6/7/09. No reply

vs LTSB Loans: CCA req sent 6/7/09. No reply

vs Marehill Finance: CCA req sent 6/7/09. CA recieved 10/7/09

I received the first stages of court threat letters from Restons today-giving me until June 17th to pay in full or legal proceedings will be taken etc etc

It is also a debt with MBNA, who offered to accept £90 per month in May and then changed their minds and sent the debt to Restons!! When I sent Restons a copy of the letter from MBNA saying they would accept £90 per month, they said this was no longer acceptable to their client and they wanted the full amount (£10,000) by 17th June

I am on a DMP with CCCS who have been brilliant and it is only MBNA who are being nasty.

As and when I get the court papers would anybody be able to help me fill them out? I havent SAJ'd MBNA yet-should I do that now or send the sample letter in the thread once court proceedings are issued?

All your advice would be much appreciated

DJX:grin:

have you sent a sect 78 CCA request to get a true copy of the credit agreement? if not then do not write any more letters offering payment until you have sent this along with a one pound postal order- look at the letters templates and copy the letter

• 7 months later...