Duplicate default added 2 years after original

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Some years ago I had a Natwest credit card which defaulted with £120 outstanding.

Before the default I was making payments to a debt recovery company called 'Triton Credit Services' to bring the overall balance down but due to an oversight on my part I did not pay the final £120

This default was added to my Equifax credit report which says the default happened 03/05/03 and was in the name of 'Natwest Card Services'

When I applied for a credit report in 2007 I saw that this amount was still outstanding and so contacted Natwest and paid it off in full.

There was also another default notice for the same amount which was added to the report which says the default happened 14/03/05 and at that time I wrote to Triton and Natwest to try and have this removed but had no success.

I received an up to date copy of my Equifax report today and gladly the 2003 default has now vanished after 6 years, however the duplicate is still there but is now in the name of 'Fairmile Partnership 1 LLP' who I have never had any contact with.

I have looked on the internet and found no telephone contact details and sketchy address details. From my search I suspect that they may be linked to a company called AIC who are based in Basingstoke.

Does anyone have a phone number for Fairmile or can anyone confirm for sure if they are part of AIC?

Also, is there anyone else that I could contact about the duplicate default in order to have it removed?

I have just had a daughter 3 weeks ago and am getting married in August, soon I am planning on applying for a mortgage and I'm afraid that this will hinder me a great deal and hold up our lives for 2 years.

Thanks for any help.

John-Paul

This is from companies house

Name & Registered Office:

FAIRMILE PARTNERSHIP 1 LLP

THE CLOCK TOWER OFFICE NO.5

CHINEHAM

BASINGSTOKE

HAMPSHIRE

RG24 8BQ

Company No. OC310906

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif Status: Active

Date of Incorporation: 07/01/2005

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Limited Liability Partnership

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 31/05

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/05/2008 (FULL)

Next Accounts Due: 28/02/2010

Last Return Made Up To: 07/01/2009

Next Return Due: 04/02/2010

Previous Names: No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Seems this company changes its name a lot and as of the 12/06/2009 they will be known as FAIRSTORE LIMITED

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 2 months later...

I checked on Companies House that AIC own one third of Fairmile (i.e. there are 3 partners/members in total, with AIC being one of them).

I have also had problems with Fairmile Partnership 1 LLP / Allied International Credit. I have my own thread with a sample letter that you are more than welcome to use.

Thanks

hacksaw

Edited by hacksaw