incorrect info by welcome finance on credit report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

Going through my paperwork to follow ida in fife,s advice i have found a letter stating that welcome finance it department has managed to book my new agreement without the insurance on their system as per previous documentation signed and that i am not required to sign any more documents.

Having spent many many hours reading all the great advice by many cager's with far greater knowledge than i and not seeing this before i have decided to scan this letter to find out if this is possible

as far as i see it if the prescribed terms have changed then a new agreement is required to be signed, i smell a rat.

what do you all think

img017.jpg?t=1250110976

ESSEXBOY

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, it sais "As per the previous document signed".

Have Welcome confirmed the a/c number and a/c opening date of your existing account, and does it tie up with the Credit Agreement that you DID sign?

If they marked it as settled on your credit report then the data is inaccurate and can be disputed, but it doesn't render the account unenforceable if the a/c number and a/c start date remained the same as per what you've got on your signed agreement.

Remember that whilst you're witholding payment they will mark arrears on your credit report, and they are entitled to charge a "Fee" for "Returned Payments", this is a separate fee for "Late" payments and this might be charged additionally if the terms allow it.

Although chances are Welcome won't be able to substantiate anything won't get very far.

They are such a bunch of retards, I remember when my OH and I took out a joint welcome loan. My OH had two loans with them prior, one of which he fell into serious arrears on and later settled. When we took out the joint loan, they removed the data about his loans and arrears from his credit report and put it on mine!!!

The two accounts are still on my report, but Welcome removed the arrears. I figure I might as well not dispute it any further, they've put two settled, paid up, well run accounts on my report it all helps my score, eh!? :p

this is wrong , very wrong and ime glad you have this in writing.

you would have had to sign a new agreement minus the ppi.

how do you know you are not still paying for the ppi (hint)

they just cant redo an agreement, its a legal document.

WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IS THAT THEY WOULD HAVE CALLED YOU INTO THE LOCAL OFFICE AND PUT A NEW AGREEMENT INFRONT OF YOU MINUS THE PPI AND REQUEST YOU TO SIGN IT

ITS CALLED AN AGREEMENT TO MODIFY THE FIRST

DO YOU HAVE A UP TO DATE STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

HAVE YOUCONTACTED DIRECT GROUP TO SEE IF THE PPI ETC IS STILL VALID

DO YOU HAVE THIS NEW AGREEMENT THAT WAS DONE IN JULY

SO MENY QUESTIONS BUT IME NOT HAPPY WITH THIS AND SMELL A RAT

• Haha 1

Thanks izools and postggi

great help as always, i shall try and answer your questions

I have had a new account number as the letter confirmed but no start date for this loan has ever been mentioned

i have a statement dated 07-01-2009 which begins with a 'disb transfer dated 29-0-2008, a day before the above mentioned letter and only has a few transactions the last being 02-01-2009

Also on this date an acceptance fee and mif? was applied to my account

despite my numerous request no cca or sar has materalised, received an intresting call yesterday from my account manager asking if i had received the requested documentation

he then informed me an incorrect payment was made to my account in febuary and has now been reversed and the balance of 100 pound has now increased to over 2ooo pound

really do not know what to do now, but advised him i was unhappy and would be contacting fsa, was not too shocked to hear that and said it would be the best option

Help

essexboy

essex boy

like i said

smell a big rat

so a balance of 100 quid has been reserved and the balance has increased to 2000

me thinks thats ppi being credited back into the account

NEXT STEP

WRITE TO THIS CRETIN AND REQUEST A BREAKDOWN OF WHY THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN INCREASED TO TWO GRAND

DEMAND A STATEMENT TO COVER THAT PERIOD

BEFORE AND AFTER THE TRANACTION

ME THINKS ITS ALL TO DO WITH PPI

NO WONDER HE WAS LESS THAN FORTHCOMMING

ITS COVERING THERE BACK THIS AND HOPING YOU WONT NOTICE

i thiink you are dead right postggi

as if a large payment was made in febuary surley the cretins would have queried it

any opinion as to what DISB transfer is and why would they add a acceptance fee /mif a year after the originl loan was signed for

i hope this helps with others fight and truly understand how theses people now work if it was not for this last loan being so mixed up i would have still used them

now i have asked for all information for all my previos accounts settled or still running as i believe as my previous accounts have virtually run themselves i am sur welcome have maximised ther profit

essexboy

you said the f word essex boy

this is a clear case

no wonder they have been worried

do you have any paperwork for this loan

any agreement or statement

ime going to take the greatest pleasure of nailing them to the wall

kiss your debt goodby

its history

hi postggi

i have numerous letters regarding this loan including, notice of variation to agreement and one notice of default sum after i withheld payments. I have all correspondence of all letters from myself and welcome regarding this complant and as i said i have this one statement with 16 transactions on

i applied for cca and sar on 30th dec 08 and was received and confirmed as being received on 05 jan 2009 and numerous letter requesting this info since

any good

essexboy

leave this with me a few days essex boy

ill do a letter

what interest me is any official acknowledgement on the mortage indemnity fee

thats letters

anything

its the key

pm me all you got and any reference to this mif

Welcome Realy Are The Pitts

Ill Do A Knock Out Letter For You Tomorrow And Let See If They Can Explain A Few Things

You Noticed Also They Have Charged You Acceptance Fee

Whats Wrong With That You May Ask

Well All This Is Is An Agreement To Modify The First, You Have Allready Paid Acceptance Fee

So Another 75 Quid At The Lousy Apr Over The Term Of The Loan Equals A Nice Healthy Profit For Welcome

Sure Does Stink

Lets See Them Try And Explain This