Question about payment protection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI all

Just wondering if someone can give me some advice on a loan my partner has. My partner had taken a £3000 loan out over 5 years,then toped it up to 5000 about a year later when our first child was born, which had ppi with it,see can't remember if she initially agreed to this,but we have been paying it anyway,the problem is when we toped the loan up when our first child was born she was not working then and is still not working now 2.5 year later.

TO be honest we completly forgot about the PPi insurance with the loan, can we claim this money back or part of it?

ty

I successfully claimed back my PPI from Cap1 - but I had to go through hell & high water.

Did you check the t&c's re PPI?

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum

The great thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet.

(Seneca the Younger (attributed), Proverbs, 74)

Speech is given to many; intelligence to few - but if its well said, I said it!

:p

Make sure you read them thoroughly (the difficulty of this depends on the bank - some are worse than others) & if I remember correctly at the time I signed up, there was a box to tick if I wanted the PPI (which I didnt). They charged it anyway but I kept my agreement and so I had proof, so they refunded - thats the simplified version, it actually took a hell of a long time.

But stick with it & good luck

im going through hell with cap one . trying to get my ppi refunded . they dont help , or co operate in any way . it just makes me more determined ! how long did it take others to get cap one to pay up ? i have been trying for 3 months now ty

Just had a check with my Cap1 Visa card account. That was opened early 2004 and it took 1 year and 8 months to get the PPI taken off my account. However, it appears I never received a refund.

Then the PPI Suddenly reappears a year later and this time I kicked up a bigger fuss and they refunded a measly £69.66 and 2 finance charges of .38p and .12p respectively - that took 7 months

we have just had £2000 back from barclays after the fos awarded in our favour,be warned it has took us 20 months as the fos are snowed under.our main complaint was that my wife worked under 16 hours aweek,you have to work at least that to be able to claim ,and the fact the ppi was added at the begining of the loan in full and were unable to cancel when we found this out. good luck.