Mortgage interest payment correct?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, I switched my mortage to an interest only about 6 months back due to my partner losing her job.

I am wondering if the actual payments I am making are correct.

The balance of my mortgage is now £87'000 with a term of 20 years left

I recieved a letter a few months back saying my new interest payments will now be £262.42

The letter says;

The new rate of interest will be 3.600% based on 90 day Libor of 2.10000 plus the margin applicable to your mortgage account. This rate will apply from the 1st March 2009 until the next quarterly reset date.

Your new minimum montly payment from 1st April 2009 is £262.42

As the interest rates are low we are now looking at switching back to the SVR as my partner is now back working.

The ammount I am paying at the moment just seems quite high for an interst only at todays rate. I have used online mortgage calculators to se what I should be paying but it all seems a little confusing

Any information or help is much appreciated

Steve

HI, I switched my mortage to an interest only about 6 months back due to my partner losing her job.

I recieved a letter a few months back saying my new interest payments will now be £262.42

The letter says;

The new rate of interest will be 3.600% based on 90 day Libor of 2.10000 plus the margin applicable to your mortgage account. This rate will apply from the 1st March 2009 until the next quarterly reset date.

As the interest rates are low we are now looking at switching back to the SVR as my partner is now back working.

The ammount I am paying at the moment just seems quite high for an interst only at todays rate. I have used online mortgage calculators to se what I should be paying but it all seems a little confusing

Steve

87,000 (mortgage balance) x 3.6% divided by 12 = monthly payment. Your percentage above libor looks good just now considering the best tracker rates are 2.79% above base rate = 3.29%. Also depends who your lender is as their base rate could be higher than your libor +.

The letter says;

Steve

The monthly repayment figure would vary dependent upon if your interest was calculated daily, monthly or annually.

Based on interest being calculated annually,

With a balance of £87,000 @ 3.6% = £3,132 (interest per year)

£3,132 / 12 = £261

Monthly Interest £261.00

However, the difference could be explained by the period covered by your lenders mortgage year, as not all lenders work January - December