Pounds till Payday **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PTP also went very quiet with me albeit I answered their call and told them I couldn't pay. Clarity were soon in touch- when you hear from them tell them cccs have told you to offer £10/£20 per month - worked for me.

I was offered the same and it basically amounted to their ridiculous £59 default charge.

Clarity offered me 20 or 25% off for settlement (can't remember which).

Giving it Clarity just buys you some time and the option of monthly payments.

Whatever suits you best really.

Generally they don't but they are always capable. Wonga always make this threat. I have not seen anyone mention that they have had adverse info on their creditfile.

I suppose most people that borrow from these companies already have poor credit scores.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lizzie - stick to your guns, he only gets to keep your account for a short while and then passes to Clarity who are fine to deal with.

Complain to OFT and send a copy to their head office, see cariads earlier post for their name.

Good luck and don't let him get you down -oh yes and keep those answer phone messages if you can.

• 5 months later...
Sorry if I have butted in, but more people should know how to deal with these vermin breed. I built up my courage from this forum and I thank all the people on here for there support and help, I don't know what would I have done without CAG and the site team. I was in the same boat tearing my hair out every month and getting deeper until I stopped paying all of them. Touch wood they have all agreed to a payment plan they have no choice really. I opened a new bank account and lost my card, because they have been known to reset up DD's and still used your existing card. Yes this should not happen but it has so protect yourself and get your money paid somehwhere else. I even had the pleasure of going on Despatches to prove what these monleys do and how they behave but sadly I only had about 5 mins after 4 hours of recording. Never mind Pay Day Express and the likes of others are a bit more well known thanks to Deaptches and the Sun Newspapers, they all fall into the same category "Sharks".

Anyway Don't let them worry you, have a good Christmas on them.

Cheers to all.

Mashmallow XXXXXXXX

The more adverse publicity on pay day companies the better :) It is worrying that companies like Quick Quid are now routinely adverising on Sky Sports and probably other channels as well.

Help please

im in a hole with ptp and i cant get out of the spiral im recovering from a nervous breakdown and this is all a little too much for me to bear:confused: i cant afford to keep renewing the loan but have no option i dont know what to say to them and am petrified of answering the phone what do i say in the email i send them? i have finaly got the courage to cancel the DD although i think i may have been too late as its due the 31st and thats new years eve, i cancelled this evening please advise me what to do from now on as regards these snakes?

kind regards

Sleepy

Hi Sleepy

have a good look at this thread and some of the others in this forum. It will give you some ideas. If you need further advice set up your own thread and I am sure you will get lots of advice. In a nutshell PTP after being horrible (nothing they can do!) pass to Clarity who are easy to deal with.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Payments can and do get taken from cancelled cards albeit very infrequently. When I challenged Halifax on this they said that that some 'retailers' could force payments through. They manage this with something called a continuos payment authority

Not what folk want to hear (myself in the past as well!!) but always a possibility.

Never happened to me but I never left money hanging around in my account for them to try.

Welcome to CAG Zobs

Your bank are right. They can use the same details to reset the direct debit. The only way to prevent it is to keep checking your account and cancel again if you they have done it. - internet banking is good for this. In all fairness PTP generally don't present a second time. If they do take the money you will need to spot it very quickly and force your bank to put it back in your account (direct debit guarantee)

If they dont have your debit card details this is the only way they can access your account.

• 3 weeks later...
is there a certain number of days before it is due that it needs to be cancelled?

Most banks will let you cancel up until the day before. If its a new presentation and you havent agreed to it you can tell them its not authorised they should still cancel on the same day. The direct debit guarantee means they have to put the money back immediately.

Most companies set up the direct debit and claim the first payment a couple of days later, pay day loan companies have been known to do both in the same morning (Quick Quid for one).

• 1 month later...

Thats the way - ignore him. If you don't take him seriously he has no hold over you.

You can CCA them but I would wait until it goes to DCA (clarity probably) and then send to them. they are not perfect but at least you correspond with somebody with more brains than Gavin. They also treat you reasonably and accept modest payment plans.

• 8 months later...

They try to get round the guidelines by being based in Malta. They are notorious bullies on the phone and wouldn't think twice about divulging a debt to a third party. However if you don't ignore them they are normally content to abuse you on the phone. Just stand firm However after 3/4 weeks they pass to DCA (usually Clarity) who are pretty good by DCA standards.