Aktiv Kapital letter says I have made a payment towards debt, but I haven't. Please Help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To briefly summerise. In June of 2008 I recieved a letter from AK saying I owed money. I sent a CCA with a postal order for a £1 and never heard anything back.

I have had letters from a number of debt collection companies regarding the debt.

On the 13th May I received this from AK

Dear Kellyplanet

You have an account with us.

We previously asked a debt collection company to contact you and now your account has been returned to us.

We are pleased that you have made a payment towarsds the debt however there is £**** outstanding.

Our aim is to help you clear the balance. We will do this by saving you £**** on the balance as a special offer.

That means you make a payment of £**** and we will clear the rest for you.

Blah Blah Blah

Aktiv Krapital

Firstly I have never received CCA request I made in June 2008 and they transferred my details to 3 different agencies.

Secondly I have never made any payment to AK or anyone. I did send a £1 postal order and I am thinking they applied this to the debt however the balance on all the letters is the same. They can't do this can they?

Does anyone have any advice on how to approach this?

17/4 Sent CCA Request to Cabot - Argos/Cabot

Before starting the never ending letter carousel, wouldn't this be a good time to consider ignoring them??

They do not have the correct docs in place to take you to court, or they would have done all the necessary searches for property ownership etc and just gone ahead - you can bet your rosy red backside on that.

Why not just wait and get the court papers?? You've already done your bit. There are several possiblilities that need to be considered, before getting into a ping-pong match with a drone.

1) If it's CCA'74, you can be 95% sure they wont have an enforceable agreement.

2) It costs them money to issue court proceedings with absolutely no guarantee of success.

3) If it goes to court and you lose, you get a CCJ which you pay at a rate you can afford - not what the DCA wants.

4) If you go to court and you lose, it opens the door for an administration order et al, which can ditch your debts very quickly, you might be pleasantly surprised (subject to conditions)

5) By writing letters asking for agreements, information etc county court and district judges tend to wonder why, if it isn't your debt or you don't owe the money, wtf are you digging a hole by engaging with a DCA?? (They are human, and know the score)

6) Keeping in contact in writing, albeit in denial of liability, gives them more time to find the docs from an OC or previous 'owner'.

There you go, a little bit of 'Devil's Advocacy' there. ;)

Is there really any point, in certain circumstances, getting into long winded pointless battles with these non-entities??

• Haha 2

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

In their eyes yes, in the legal world no.

A payment would only count if they could prove it was an actual payment from you and you offered the payment purely towards the debt. A £1 CCA fee does not count, neither does any payment made by any 3rd party.

On the credit file thought, complain to ICO too.

It Seems They Have Credited The Quid To The Account

Cretins

Send Them A Letter Asking How And When Xyz Was Paid Into The Account

Was It By Cheque

Card

Tooth Fairy

A Complaint To The Oft To Follow Up Is In Order As Well