Help with Debt Collector Agency court case 'disclosure bundle' of 'evidence'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All

Please can you help me with your thoughts, views, opinions and ideas as to whether the Alleged Agreement is enforceable.

Situation:- I've a Court date set for a multi-track court case with a well known Debt Collection Agency. The disclosure deadline has passed and the Claimant has belatedly sent me a 'bundle of evidence' including a statement I've never seen before.

The alleged 'evidence' includes:-

1. Transcript of notes of alleged telephone conversations and file notes - it doesn't say how the notes were produced;

2. Alleged Consumer Credit Agreement - one page headed 'Application Form' - (signed and dated - 1999 by debtor, no creditor signature);

3. Four separate pages headed Credit Card Agreement regulated by ...CCA 1974 (no signature / date and produced as a separate piece of evidence);

4. Copy account statement showing alleged date of last repayment dated 2005.

My questions:-

From the above 1) has anyone got an idea as to what else I can ask the Creditor to provide under disclosure rules? 2) What are the appropriate Disclosure paragraphs to quote when requesting further information please e.g. how the transcripts were produced. 3) there is no default Notice in the file - is this a significant omission? 4) one of the alleged credit agreement application forms has the debtor's name printed which means it was sent in the post and completed/signed at home before sending off for processing - are there implicaitons about whether the Agreement is enforceable?

I'd be very grateful for all your comments.

Many thanks and kind regards.

Future_81

Hi,

Sorry, I can't really help you, but will move this thread to the Legal Issues Forum, you should get help in there.

EDIT: Thread moved.

Regards.

Scott.

Edited by maroondevo52
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

You need to apply for an Order for specific disclosure before we work out what you need to ask for can you post the following:-

1. Claim

2. Defence & any amendments

3. Directions Order

In the meantime you could have a look at CPR 31

http://www.justice.gov.uk/civil/procrules_fin/contents/parts/part31.htm

Who is the claimant - has the alleged debt been assigned

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Thank you very much. I've no scanning apparatus at home, so I'll need to organise this so that I can post the documents. My apologies for this delay, please bear with me. Thanks once again.

Future_81