Halifax Easycash

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week i made a payment useing my visa electron card, I have a visa electron because i am on benifits and it alows me to buget as they wont let you buy more than you have the money for in your account, after cheeking my balance i took cash out at a cash machine, today i recived a letter saying i was overdrawn buy the amount of the card payment plus £15 fee. it seems that all is not clear, i found out that the card payment had not been taken from my available balance, and was not showing any indication of even being debited it is a fact that the card paynment was made at 17.24 and the cash withdrawal was made at 19.55, a credit of £205 went in my balace was £206.89, when i went to the cash machine i noticed the availacble balace was £200.00 so thinking that the card payment had failed i took the money outand was going to give the shop the cash which i did on saturday but they said it had been paid i was unable to put the cash back in until monday, the long and the short of it are that the bank is saying that i took money out that was not available to me as i have no overdraft but i thiught that if you did not have the money in the account it would not give me any money, but they say that the card payment was not processed until monday, having paid it on friday that is not true on my satement it says that i made the with drawal from the cash machine before the card payment thus making it look as tho it was my fault i have tryed sorting it out but they will not listen i know i owe the card payment money but not the charge, they say its the day not the time that counts but how can this be right, the manager also said that statement are not always factuly correct if this is true then 1000s of people would be affected by incorrect account data ie if a card payment shown on a statement before a credit then the bank could charge a fee even tho the credit was in before the card payment, this is a flaw in the banks advantage the upshot of it is they will not take the charge off

A lot of shops operate what is called a floor limit which means that a transaction is authorised without asking the bank. If effectively doesn't register with the bank until the close of business which is what may cause this. It a flaw with floor limits imho.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Complain to them and ask for the charge to be refunded. Its not fair for the bank to charge you when you expect the money to have already been ring-fenced for your transaction.

When I use pay-at-pump it only initially registers as a £1 payment, say for £20 of fuel. I am free to withdraw the other £19. When the garage processes the card payment they deduct the full £20. If I don't have the money in the account the bank still honours the payment and I never get a charge. Unfortunately for you, I bank with the Clydesdale.