The Private Landowner's Parking Policy 2001

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone ever gets clamped on a Blue badge then you can call the Police or call me at Impact and as a Training company for Wheel Clampers we will chase who has done it and help to sort it out. Clamping is a Civil matter and the Ploice wont get involved unless there is a breach of the peace, but as a Clamping company we do not agree with bad practice and we will help when its done wrong. If the Goverment or the SIA sorted themselves out and made all Clamping companies be part of a registration and they put a cap on the ammount that can be charged then things would be a lot better.

Impact will always help on the Law regarding clamping matters .

Tony

Not a director THE OWNER, BUT LET ME GUESS I TAKE IT YOU DONT AGREE WITH CLAMPING!!

Correct. I do not agree with clamping but fortunately we live in an inclusive society where our respective views have equal weight and you are as free as I am to express yours. However, I didn't shout (using capitals). :wink:

I described you as a director as a statement of fact as that is how Companies House officially class you.

I also drew attention to the fact that you are recorded as a director because it was clear that you were seeking to represent Impact Security Services Ltd - which is after all a commercial concern - and although you may have complied with rule 5.4 that is not made clear in your post.

I do however entirely agree with you that the current situation is bred of the complete inability of the Government to deal effectively with your industry. The SIA was never properly empowered and was the classic Civil Service camel produced by a committee given the task of building a horse. Its passing will prompt little grief.

It is good to see that someone from the clamping industry is prepared to stand up and debate matters reasonably and provide something of an insiders view. Thank you for that.

Not a director THE OWNER, BUT LET ME GUESS I TAKE IT YOU DONT AGREE WITH CLAMPING!!

As the owner of a company you need permission from this site admin to post and make attempts at being caring and legitimate so I suggest you email admin@consumeractiongroup.co.uk now before you get clamped.

First post on this site, and he manages to respond to the wrong thread ( somehow on one that is three years old), threaten menaces for non-payment, and make incorrect claims about powers to increase a debt arbitrarily. What a show of competence.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

conniff, what a thing to say on the computor from the comfort and safety of your front room! I have posted my post code please feel free to pop around and disscuss it "over a brew hey"

I dont shout useing capitals it sometimes is not easy to type due to a lucky shot from some argy at Goose Green, but ex Paras allways stand up to be counted and i am happy to get involved in disscussions or even help if i can with Clamping issues. We clamp for several Councils and train wheel clampers for the Goverment, which means that we are not like some of the clowns out there who do what they do because the Goverment wont lay down some rules. I dont need to attempt at being careing, i done enough of that in the Gulf, Falklands, and Afgan.

I would welcome anyone to come out with one of our vans at anytime to whitness how we opperate and you will then see what rearly goes on. Normally the only ones that moan about clampers are the ones that get caught parking in someones space !

Tony.

You clamp for an alleged debt owed and/or an alleged breach of contract with no recourse to a legal system to have such allegations upheld or dismissed by a court.

I have a debtor to me who owes me over £5,000. I have had to submit my claim to a court (at cost to me), have it considered and awarded in my favour. I am only entitled to the amount the court ultimately agreed was owed to me, not some made up figure that I pulled out of the air, but the exact amount I could demonstrate that the debtor should have paid me for services rendered, and the debtor told how the may pay it (in installments) Having not maintained these payments, I now have to go back to court to have a further consideration of the debt and (hopefully) the court will order the bailiffs to recover as much as they can for me.

I cannot just turn up at the debtor's house, clamp his car, steal his tele, or put a brick through his lounge window much as I'd love to. If you believe someone owes you money for an alleged debt, then you go to court. You do not effectively withold his car by clamping when you have not yet argued successfully (at court) that the driver owes you the money in the first place.

Edited by crem

Sorry, but those who have done what you claim to have done do not 'brag' about it.

Have you applied to the Administrator for your permission yet?? If not the above might just be your last post. I speak from the comfort of the Site Rules.

5.4 If a Commercial Company, or Business, wishes to post on the forum in a representative capacity, we ask that they first seek permission from site administration (admin@consumeractiongrou p.co.uk). Failure to do so may result in posts being removed without notice whilst investigations are made to ascertain whether the user is acting with the full authorisation of the company or business concerned. Usernames highlighted in green have gone through this process.

5.5 Staff members of Commercial Companies and Businesses are welcome on this website for their own personal purposes. However, if you intend to enter discussions in support of your employer you will be subject to rule 5.4.

Impact will always help on the Law regarding clamping matters .

Glad to hear it,

So I'm guessing your fee schedule is akin to those decided as reasonable as per the various common law cases that have been and gone?

Chip off the old block?

Any Papa would be proud to see a Son continue his ethos of hard work, legality, comunity responsibility and enterprise down a generation.

Particularly as he will have to start looking for other avenues to scrape a crust, as the family Private Clamping business draws to a close.

• Confused 1