Removed link

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Word of warning!!!!!

took up a free trial with this lot and then cancelled 3 days later as I could see my credit report and couldn't get in touch with them.

got my credit card bill and they charged me £19.95 for the privilege of not seeing my report and 2 days later charged me another £19.95 for [EDIT] - which I didn't even sign up for - couldn't even get onto that as my details weren't registered.

Finally got through to them and they said that I wasn't entitled to a refund because i cancelled to late - Tosh i said and sent them a copy of the original email.

My credit card company said that they have had a lot of complaints about this company taking money when they shouldn't have

Edited by saintly_1
Link removed.

• 2 months later...

Hi my mother in law has just had this done to her and i was wondering if anyone could help me to get these payments back she couldn't get in touch with them by phone or email and couldn't even see her credit report she has just looked at her statements and they have taken about 4 payments of 29.95 from her bank. She is 68yrs old and i need help with this is there anyone on here who can help me please. Thankyou Lisa.

hi i also have had problems with these people they have taken 2 lots of 19.95 from my account i cancelled within two days as couldnt see my report

hi all, ive still had money taken from my account and i have camcelled a few times now, 70 quid now gone from my account, they are impossible to get hold of so i have written off to watchdog uk, please could other people do this as thenm they will be more likely to look inti the case many thanks sarah x x

Edited by frantaya

Use one of the main CRA websites to view your file who all offer the service. Its not that dear and you can contact them direct regarding any queries on your file.

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

bingo, some one else has been conned and I think many more.

I am now taking them to court for my refund and I think you should look again as you would have also been charge for another one of there company's.

Hi

I payed twice for that "service".:-x

Did you get your money back?

thanks

zero

The web domain is registered to

Registrant:

Adaptive Affinity Limited

Registrant type:

UK Individual

Registrant's address:

Cavendish House

369 Burnt Oak Broadway

Edgware

Middlesex

HA8 5AW

United Kingdom

Registrar:

GX Networks Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]

URL: 123-reg | Domain names | Domain name registration

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, same thing happened to me, found a charge on my credit card for 29.95, called them up to ask who and what they are and got a very rude lady telling me I had signed up to their website. They had my email and credit card number and told me the dates I had emailed them; I checked my email and no emails had been sent. They refused to give my money back so I have called the bank and they are going to refund it and chase this company. If you Google highcreditscore.co.uk you will see pages of people saying the same thing.... This is one dodgy company and God knows why they still have a merchant status to take credit card payments when they are so obviously a [problem].

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for you all though.

When you went through the site to put in your details (i went back and found the small print saying that they would charge for the service)

Did you put in your 3 digit number for your credit card?

As soon as i saw this part i stopped and refused to fill anything in any further - surely by not putting in this information i cannot be charged any money on my card?

What a [problem]! And to top it off when you try to leave them the obscure link - does it actually do anything?

Interested in more info on the outcome of your fight against them...

Hi All!

My name is Paul and I'm an absolute newbie here. Like most of you I have been scammed by both Highcreditscore.co.uk (£19-95 per month) and rewardsnow.co.uk ( £14-95 per month) .This has happenned in both July and August,at least. and I've only just found out. I rang the bank but because it is on a "Rolling Card Payment" they are unable to claim a refund for me. All they can to is put outan cancellation request to both sites.

Okay, so my money is probably down the drain and maybe again this month, September.

In view of this, I would like to telephone both of these companies and find out precisely what they think they are up to.

If anyone has phone numbers which are known to work (I.E. You can actually get through and speak to a PERSON not a MACHINE), I would be very pleased to have such numbers.

If I can get these numbers, I will obviously get in touch with the companies concerned. Furthermore I will keep you all posted as to progress made.

Thanking you all in anticipation of you most kind co-operation in this matter.

Sir Paul L. Lee KBE(rutlandprincess)

I signed up with these guys.

I must have been temporarily insane.

Their software is abominable, and their sites (inc rewardsnow) unnavigable.

I got them to send me written confirmation same day of cancellation of all accounts.

Unless you enjoy screaming like the character in Munch's painting, do yourself a favour and AVOID.

To err is human: to completely mess up is my peculiar gift.

same thing happened with mejust found out first thing i did was google it dont know why i didnt do that in the first place but anyway got the address which isnt far frm where i live so might have to go and pay them a visit as they dont seem to pick up calls or reply to emails..

• 2 weeks later...

I have also been done by this company. They took £19.95 from my visa on the 4th September. They have tried to take further payments on the 10th 14th and successfully taken another £19.95 for rewards now yesterday.

I actually got through 3 times to the customer service line which is 08450261092. The fourth time of ringing a senior officer as he called himself spoke to me from the start. I told him that I had been on here just to see if this had happened to anyone else and that I will be going to trading standards etc.

He told me the OFT are happy with the way they trade and it would be up to me to do so.

Well they will be getting a warning letter first telling them to either credit my card with the funds they have taken or I take it further. Absolute crap this company is and I would make sure anybody that goes on the site steer clear from now on.

I never got to see my credit score.

The rewardsnow that they said I signed for is also complete rubbish because I never did. They say that this is for discounts from high street stores. What would the high street stores think about this sort of thing?

If reported to your credit card provider as an unauthorised transaction,wouldn't they reimburse these payments after due investigation?

No they wouldn't do it they said they had to cancel it! It is Vanquis though so what do you expect from them !!

I've got a letter here and sending it recorded delivery signed for so i can track it to both the po box and the other edgware address. I f they dont put the monies back then its off to the Middlesex trading standards and the Office of Fair Trading.

I know they have no proof of emails sent to me whatever they say over the phone I never got them!!

BEWARE of these 2 companies. I registered with HighCreditScore as I was seeking a Credit Report following a recent Mortgage Application rejection.

At no point on the site was it clear that I was registering for a paid subscription service. I did provide my credit card details as I assumed this was needed for the credit history report.

I am an IT Professional that is well aware of the various e-mail and internet scams out there and I have never lost money before to any sort of scheme. For me, this merely underlines the misleading, subtle and sinister nature of these 2 companies.

After registering, I received an e-mail from a company called RewardsNow.co.uk which I assumed was a confirmation of my registration. This was an obvious error on my behalf - however, no e-mail was received from HighCreditScore.co.uk.

14 days later and I have been charged £19.95 by BOTH companies that I don't believe I will ever get back. Crucially, at no point did I realise I was signing up for a subscription service and I have effectively been duped by these 2 companies, who are probably one and the same. To make matters worse, I received no credit report and I have recieved nothing in the way of a service from them. Their websites are unusable and their customer service personnel are most unfriendly.

I have informed my Credit Card Company about the 2 payments and ask that they block any future attempts to retrieve payment (they were well aware of both companies). I also cancelled my "membership" with both companies, though the term is laughable.

I am not the only victim of these companies and for the sake of protecting and warning the public, people need to made aware of them as soon as possible - I feel like I've been conned. Spread the word people.

I have had a letter back stating that I was clearly advised thati had a free trial for 10 days thereafter there was a monthly membership fee of £19.95. I was apparently sent an email informing me of all the relevant details.

Well that is complete crap and I am going to try and take it further with the OFT. Before doing so if there are any more similar cases please state here the issues you have had regarding this company and i will get onto it.

I too have fallen for this [problem]. I tired to get my credit scores through Highcreditscore.co.uk. When the free ones ran out and I suddenly could not log in any more, I decided to pay for the service. No log in details followed, I checked my bank account so I could complain with the correct details to find that rewardsnow.co.uk had taken 3 payments of £19.95, Highcreditscore had had a further two. I tried phoning both companies but got the same answer phone. I emailed them and they say they have cancelled my membership/subscription but I am very suspicious. I have cancelled my card and am taking steps to get the bank to get my money back but this could take some time. I have discovered that there is a third company quickcreditscore.co.uk.

All three companies share the same postal address

PO Box 587

Edgware

HA8 4DX

They all share a fax

The phone numbers are very similar

highcreditscore 0845 026 1092

rewardsnow 0845 026 1098

quickcreditscore0845 026 1094

They all are all over the internet implicated in stories very similar to the ones on here, check the forum on moneysavingexpert.com

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1836087

THere are similar stories on

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08450261092/4#paP__CArtAQCetAjMDJhqhw

It seems even the amounts they take vary.

:-x

Edited by ceejaywilliams
erroneous and imagelink

I've just found out that these guys have taken money from my account as well. Now I have no idea who these guys are. I am 100% sure I did not sign up to them, so where they managed to get my card details from i dont know. I googled them, found this topic, and immediatley called the bank. They have cancelled my card and are passing the matter on to their fraud department.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just discovered that my current a/c card has been debited £ 14.95 for four months now by rewardsnow.co.uk so I have ordered a new card from the bank, who say they can get the money back. I have never heard of or noticed this company on the internet and I have now reported the fraud to OFT. I am informed it may be a couple of weeks before results, also that many victims have complained. Watch this space.

• 1 month later...

I have had a similar event last week with QuickCreditScore, I somehow signed up for a FREE credit cheque. The reply they sent went into my Junk Mail? Consequently I did not see it or cancel nor did I receive a Credit Score. They have consequently taken £19.95 from my Debit Card. ALSO to rub it in they have also signed me up to RewardsNow website for discounts on goods services etc, Also taking £19.95 TOTAL £39.90. After talking to them thay were quite hostile and would not refund any money. They have confirmed they have cancelled the memberships, we will see? I want my £40 back? This Rewards Now can't be legal surely.