interview under caution for dla

itfcbabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i was wondering if anyone could help me.

i had an interview under caution 5 weeks ago for my dla claim.

they think my claim was fraud.

I am disabled and suffer from mobility, emotional and memory problems.

These can differ everyday, i have good days, bad days and awful days, i can have a good morning and then feel awful that afternoon.I can have a few weeks of feeling 80% ok and then have a flair up and be house bound for days!

As i am only 32 i try and have as much of a life as i can, i work p/t, i try and walk around town even if i know i will suffer the following day and then can't move for a few days.

They are saying i should have reported a change in my circumstances, but there aren't any.

They filimed me about 4/5 times for around 20min/40 mins at a time over a 1 week period, yes i was working or walking, maybe i was having a good week, i would have suffered afterwards due to doing this but what else am i meant to do?? i need a life!!!

The trouble is after this interview i have been really bad, i now use my stick 80% of the time, i also now have to use a wheelchair if not using me stick, i don't go out on my own, i haven't been back to work since as im in so much pain, i now have depression and high blood pressure that i never had before.

I am stuck at home all day with nothing to do as i can't go out on my own, i am sleeping more during the day, i have neck pain, leg pain and really bad back pain that the gp is now reffering me back to the hospital for more tests.

They have now suspended my benefits while they wait to make a decision.

I don't know what to do?

I feel like making a complaint but not sure who to.

I phoned DLA the other day as i didn't get my money and had,had no letter.

The man said i was told not to contact them, i never was!

They said they sent a letter end of march, i never got it!

At the end of the conversation the man said it was being recorded, aren't they meant to tell me this before hand?

Please help me anyway you can, as i am so depressed about this, i have been through hell with my syndrome the last 3 years and was starting to feel a little better some times, then this happens!

They have put me back so much, sometimes i don't see the point in carrying on now as i am a burden to my husband,friends and children.

Thanks for reading and sorry it was so long.

xxx

No, you don't need to join benefits and work, or any other organisation that charges money to people who clearly don't have any and who are in a desperate situation, for advice that is freely available. If you want advice tailored to your own individual needs, I would suggest your port of call be a welfare rights worker. You can find them through your local council, they are trained in benefit legislation, they can fight with you or on your behalf and what's more is it is a completely free service - they are not affiliated with the benefits organisations such as DWP JCP etc. They deal with these situations all the time, and help a lot of people for no cost.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)