Remorse v HFC

remorse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction of what to put in a LBA.

I have had direction from FOS that my complaint is a legal complaint so I need to take it through a legal direction and I don't believe that I can do this without an LBA - is this correct?

My complaint surrounds 3 aspects and I don't know if they are all relevant to put in the LBA or not?

- Term of a loan

- Type of loan

- inclusion of PPI

In short, we were sold a 5 year fixed rate loan to finance a kitchen purchase but what appears to have happened is that the agreement was set up for 10 years and was a variable rate agreement.

HFC are saying to FOS that they are unable to provide a copy of the original agreement and FOS are saying that due to this they are therefore unable to adjudicate.

If you can help me with what is relevant I would be grateful.

Many thanks

Remorse

when was the loan taken out?

be aware this is a typical trick for hfc to pull

they usual bring in the benificial trust name if its more than a few years old saying they never inherited every agrgeement when both were merged or other such bull.

i'd go for the ppi first.

they cough quite nicely on that with little arguement, then deal with the rest of your issues once they start responding.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks for the responses.

I requested a copy of the agreement in Dec 2007 and subsequently in Jan 2008 but they have readily admitted to both us and the ombudsman in writing that they don't have the agreement but 'their computer records hold all information necessary to service our agreement'. Hmmm - they obviously have never suffered with administrative difficulties :D

I will write the LBA today - does anyone have an address on who it should go to? I was dealing with central complaints until they told me that they would no longer deal with the complaint - despite them not actually telling or providing me with the information I asked for in the first place.

Thank you again for all your help.

Remorse

• 2 weeks later...

I think you are correct in that without the agreement they cannot enforce the debt. Unfortunately though it came out late in the term that the agreement does not exist and the term has now been completed albeit within the last couple of months. The only reason I asked for a copy of the agreement was due to HFC withdrawing funds from my account but not under their name but that of another (if you get what I mean!). TBH, I didn't even realise that I still had an agreement with them as it should have been paid off years earlier.

I will sort out a SAR and ultimately I will end up taking them to court.

Thank you again to all.

Remorse